Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    r3612            12-15-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
For all those Centurion lovers......and hater's :-)
www.centurionboats.com

Some great new additions
-heated drivers seat
-swivel board racks (The helmet head actually looks pretty sweet for this design IMO)
-interiors
---and the Newest addition the Enzo 216 (Crossover V-drive) those who have ridden behind it rate the ski wake compareable to that of the T5 (their comp boat) And the 216 is V'drive with great wake performance and room. ALL NEW HULL DESIGN the flattest in the Centurion wakeboat line.

Let the comments fly :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-15-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
Very good, did you see the heads-up display? I think Centurion has a lot of great new stuff going on for '07.

I'd still like to see more on the Switch Blade, maybe it's there on the web site and I haven't found it yet.
Old    r3612            12-15-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
Yeah Pretty cool stuff. I just wish their site hilighted more of their options as well. Don't really get a feel for what they are offering. Like the bling stuff and interiors...

There is a website for that switchblade. It was actually designed here in IL Not a bad quick little video guy is like a robot, but hey he's not tv personality...just gives you the low down http://www.switchbladewake.com/
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-15-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
Yeah I am very excited about the 216 I am getting ready to order one just can't decide on colors and graphics. I told my wife about the heated drivers seat and that we would never use it.....well she set me straight on that so we will be getting the matrix seat
I have seen the heads up display very cool!
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-16-2006, 4:21 AM Reply   
Centurion has so much to offer, yet their website is always a disapointment year after year. The "build a boat" section is a joke. Like some of you guys said, there aren't any pictures of options, or interior close-ups. Wake pics from each boat would be nice. They really need a better web-site. The opening page is cool, then it just gets lame from there. I know some will say that they spend less on overhead stuff, but a decent web-site can't hurt.
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-16-2006, 6:00 AM Reply   
I forgot, congrats Kevin, can't wait to see pics.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
They are saying that there will be a new Build a baot coming on line after the first of the year.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-16-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Rodney I think this year is a huge improvement over the last few years. The timing this year is on the mark, the release is well before the boat show season.
Old     (waterstunts)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-16-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't Kevin Baugh actually Jim Hammer from Hammer Ski and Marine in Petaluma? Interesting?????? why do you need to act like a customer???? I agree the build a boat section isn't the best and how much is the V-216 going to be I heard 56,995.00 little much for a 21 1/2' Centurion doen't you think? got any suggestions on that Jim I mean "Kevin"?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-16-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Greg, two posts, hmmm.... who are you supposed to be? Don't you think that $80,000 is a bit much for an X-Star?

Centurion has good entry level boats to the Enzo series. Go Look at the Air Warrior line up for the ~$40,000 offerings.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Greg if you come out of your tin foil lined room and look out side.... do you see those black helicopters? Those are my people Kevins is Jim Hammer now that is rich!

The boat builder is 2 years old they are developing a new one at least that is what they tell me. I agree the Webiste alos needs some High res pictures of the boats and options IMHO they have a great product but need to show it more on the web site.

I agree the 216 is a bit pricey but I love it!

I am from the St Louis area with some very close friends that work for Centurion. and work closeley with my local dealer.
Another reason that I know the product line so well I have done some software work for them.
I have told all of this before.

If you want to see who I am look at these
http://www.clarkboat.com/kt.wmv
http://www.clarkboat.com/kevinsvideo.wmv
I am a barefooter that also loves to wakeboard.

I wonder if I could get Jim Hammers pay check?

(Message edited by krbaugh on December 16, 2006)
Old    r3612            12-16-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
I'll vouch for Kev............He's real and that's his real name :-)

Well at least that's what he told me HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sure I agree priced high for a 21ft'r, but geeeze look at a loaded X-2....Now that is just plain robbery

(Message edited by r3612 on December 16, 2006)
Old    hammerski            12-16-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hi Greg Stunts, This is the real Jim Hammer. Kevin's on the east coast, I'm on the west coast near the napa valley. I started back in the early 80's with Centurion, owning my first Ski Centurion in 81. In 83 I started taking promo boats to tournaments and running the promo team in California with Don Koppert from Washington. He was a really great guy and awesome skier that dug his own lake in the middle of a forest he bought back then. I've seen a lot of changes over the years, and Rick Lee, the owner has been on the front of so many new ideas it's a little disturbing! I remember going to the factory back in late 89 or early 90, he wanted to show me something that he was pretty excited about. He had taken a falcon open bow and cut out the center of the boat putting a V into the bottom for a better ride. Laid into the bottom was an engine in the back, with a Casal V-Drive hooked up to it. He said he thought this was going to be big someday as it would open up the boat, let everyone sit together, and let the boat perform better. The first V-Drive Centurion boats rolled out the door soon after, 2-3 years sooner than anyone else had done it. That's just one many interesting stories about Centurion. Anyway, I'm here everyday in one of my 2 stores if you want to see if I'm real or give us a call. 707-763-7066. www.hammerski.com Spring is just around the corner!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-16-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
I love replies like that:-).

Jim, the solid red Enzo on your lot looks really good, but your too far a away and I need to save a few more pennies before stepping up.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
Well not exactlly on the east coast but much closer to to the east coast than I am to Jim........
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
greg stunts=total

the swivel board racks with the centurion helmet stay far away. i'm getting mine swapped our for a brand new rack that is coming out. i was very excited for the helmet swivel rack, but when you have boards and weight on the rack, the knob that you have to loosen or tighten is just about impossible. my hand was throbbing after trying to loosen it to swing my racks in. hopefully this new design is better. also, i totally forgot about the heated seat and heads up display, is that something you can add after the fact?? thanx
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for reminding me about that I need to check on it.

I dont't think either would be practicle after the fact both are on my list of options!
Old     (wmk)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if a new dealer for Orlando has stepped up?