Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
he owns a small construction company, and hes talking about selling the boat... this is so lame. im practically praying he gets some work sometime soon.

if he does end up selling it, im going to try and talk him into buying a winch though.. tons of spots to winch by my house...

im just hoping for the best
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
I do audit and tax for construction contractors and It's a pretty tough market right now for many of my clients.... if he can hold on for a couple more months some of Obama's stimulus money might trickle down into some work for him.

Sorry about the boat man... remember though, it could be much worse so count your blessings homie ;) You'll find a way to ride. I don't have a boat and ride almost everyday!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Even if he sells it may suck for a while but then things pick back up maybe you'll get that Tige'
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-08-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Put your foot down man. Tell your dad as long as he's living in your house, you make the rules. My folks traded in their boat, which wasn't a wake boat anyway, but it was enough to ride behind, for a pontoon. So I've been in a similar spot... Those winches are a blast dude. Opens up a whole different aspect to your riding! Good luck!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-08-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
maybe your dad cant sell the boat in this market. then you'll be ok
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-08-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear that man but look at it this way it could be the house and everything else along with the boat. If your old enough I'd be out there working to buy my own or help out with the payments. You would appreciate having the boat a lot more. If not then like Lucker said count your blessings that you have food on the table and a roof over your head. Times are tough and they are going to get a lot worse before they get better. Keep ya head up its still a while until riding season and maybe things will pick up for ya.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Or maybe you can get a job at Micky Dee's and help him make the payments/pay for gas etc........Show him you're willing to help out a little.

I had a job when i was 16. It's not the end of the world.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-08-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
J-O-B
It shows him your serious about the boat and builds character... Sucks but true.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-08-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
yeah man you take over the payment and make that boat your boat! I am willing to bet the payment is les than 200/month

(Message edited by dkmode34 on January 08, 2009)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Be a bus boy at a restaurant. Same pay as a fast food place + tips.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-08-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
Heck...get a paper route. I got my first when I was 10 (I don't think they even allow kids to have jobs that young anymore). Around here at least, you can make some serious cash...as long as you are willing to get up at 3 am.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-08-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
do work son. 22's aren't free
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
Open up a local landscaping business. I have made the most money out of the 5 jobs I have had by mowing lawns. I started doing it when I was 14, making about 4k in 3 months working only thursday friday and saturday. If you do it right and depending on where you live and how long the mowing season is, you can bank money
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-08-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
I am in sort of the same boat .... so to speak... I feel ya. But yeah try getting a job, wakeboarding is more than worth it. Thats what I am doing
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Or take the lazy way out and hit up the find a 3rd and bring gas money.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-08-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Let the sea ray go, if it will sell. Chances are you'll still be riding that thing this summer.

BUT, there is a LOT to be said for working toward your goals. all eyeZ sums it best: do work son. 22's aren't free.

Get J O B and save some $ to either buy the boat you want, gas $$ or to help out with the boat your fam has now. It's not the end of the world...
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Dude you're 16. By then I'd been working in my spare time for 5 years and had enough spare cash to buy myself 2 jetskis. Didn't need my folks to pay for hobbies then (just to tow them to the beach for me)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
^^^ Times are very differetn now.

"Practically praying"? Get after it man it can't hurt.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
I bought my first boat when I was 17... I'm on the second now and I'm 21.

take out a loan, especially now
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
David - Its really tough out there right now. But I have an idea for you

Look for a way to help Dad make a boat payment or two. Do it right away - show him how much the boat means to your family. Good Luck.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
yes im 16, and ive got a few grand in the bank. i keep trying to give him money for the boat, but he wont take it from me. if hes at the point of selling it though he might take some cash.

and our payment is $440 a month.
its 370 a month for the boat and a min payment of 70 a month for the credit card (payed for the whole wetsounds set up)

id be more then willing to pay some payments on the boat. i care about the boat more then he does ( he rides to but doesnt obsessive over it like i do)

we wont be able to go to the lake for at least a month and a half (i havnt ridden since late october) but im just hoping things work out.

and nick, that tige would be pretty sick. but i SERIOUSLY doubt that would ever happen

i just hope i can afford something like that once i hit my twenties
Old    wiz            01-08-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
awesome idea, chris!
Old     (airjordan175)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-08-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
im sixteen
me and my 18 year old brother bought our own 1988 sn2001 this summer so my parents could sell their boat
we just have to work to make the loan payments
working after school and mowing grass
i definitly apreciate having a boat a whole lot more now
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-08-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Buy your own boat man! I am only 19 years old and have bought 3 different boats on my own. Started out with a Aluminum Starcraft, then a Boston Whaler, and last spring I finally pulled the trigger on Mastercraft Tristar. Now I am putting 3 grand in upgrades into the MC to turn it into the wake machine I've always wanted. Save, save, save... good luck on your situation.