Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-09-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
Well I was at the dealer today getting my 02XStars ballast pumps fixed (grrr) and found out some cool information. Starting this year, M-Craft is offering optional pieces for their boat so it can basically be customized. These pieces include chrome & black anodized dash pieces, exterior pieces, rub rails, mirrors, exhaust tips, rudders & props (dont know why as they're under the water), manifolds, valve covers & motor mounts.

They are also offering custom graphics for the side of the boat. I was gonna replace mine anyway due to some drunken mishaps over Labor Day on Lake Travis and thought I'd do a little custom job. Tell me which you think would look best on the X. I've posted a pic of the boat to.

They also told me that the new XStar isn't going to be at any of the boat shows here in the Dallas area and that Texas is probably only going to get 8 total for the entire state to split between 12 dealers! They did say however that the wake w/o the tanks full was as big as my 02 with the tanks full. They have taken it for a drive and said it's unbelievable.
XStar
Logos
Old    pans210            01-09-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
i like the looks of the first one and the third one the best.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
first one
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-09-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
I like the first one even though it is very similar to the Malibu graphic. The second one from the bottom is cool, it reminds me of star trek for some reason
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-09-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
No matter what you put on it. It will still look like an X-star. Not saying that is a bad thing.

You can tell an X-star from a mile away. If you really want to spend the dough go for it. It just seems to me that it will make little difference. I guess what I'm trying to get at is how many people will be able to tell the difference. I hope you understand what I am saying. In no way am I putting down your boat.
Old     (trentski)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-09-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
Come on Phaeton you are talking like anything to do with a boat is rational
you do have a point though
I like the first one, but bog is right it does look like the malibu graphic a wee bit (I like the malibu graphic) could be a good thing get ya noticed.
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
for what it's worth, I think you should try putting the "X" potion of the first graphic with the flamed portion of the last graphic. Post that if you can. Eric
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-09-2003, 10:47 PM Reply   
Trentski if your going to be that way. I like the first and second one then.
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2003, 10:56 PM Reply   
I like the first, and second to last. Did you design those, or are they the ones MC will offer?
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-10-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
Al - I wish I had come up with those graphics but they were actually scanned right out of a M-Craft catalog which will be available at the boat shows being held now.

Eric - I also got word that there's another graphic which does basically what you want but I don't have a pic of it.

Phaeton - I understand you sentiment and I do agree that they're pretty expensive logos but my question to you is: why do you put 20's on your Tahoe? Everyone will still know it's a Tahoe. The answer is you put stuff like the wheels or those new logos on just to make the vehicle look cooler in your own mind.

Like I said in the original post - I was already gonna replace them since there's 2 big scratches down each decal and I can't look at my baby w/o noticing them and getting pissed off. I figured I might as well put something unique on there while I was at it.
Old    dlb988            01-10-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   
I like the last one. It makes your boat look like it is on the move when it is standing still. FWIW.
Old    calawho            01-10-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
zack-did you see the x series cover they are offering in the bling bling series? i think that would look sweet on your boat with the graphics.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
Yeah, you can notice an Xstar a mile away because they are so sweet!!!! Don't hate the player hate the game.
Oh, I like the first one.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-10-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Zack point taken.

Wilson whatever.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
I think they all look pretty nice, but the first one really stands out. I just wish I had that choice to make! Nice boat too!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-10-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Zack this is how it rates so far.

1-8 votes
2-1 vote
3-1 vote
4-0 votes
5-2 votes
6-1 vote
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-10-2003, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hey man,go for the last one with the flames, it is pimp daddy!! My dealer showed me some shots he took at a dealer away day of a black X-9 with that flame X graphic and believe you me it is far out. The X is the same size as on the original design so that means the flame goes down almost to the back of the boat (I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to put on but well worth it).

It would make your X look way ganstar with the black hull ..........
Matt
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Phaeton- Sorry dude, your boat does stand out way more than an Xstar. I just thought it was funny that you say the Xstar stands out or whatever when you own a rather flashy boat yourself. I do like your boat though, don't get me wrong.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-10-2003, 10:20 AM Reply   
Wilson yes my boat stands out, so what. Your saying that you can not tell an X-star from far away? For the most part X-stars look the same. My point was and still is not sure changing the side decal would make a big enough change for other people to notice. Now I'm sure an X-star buff would be able to tell right away.

Zack I missed the part where you needed to replace the decals no matter what. Sorry.
Old    wakelvr            01-10-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
Those stickers are awesome! We are ordering our X-2 in Metallic Red so I'm thinking we need to order one of the stickers with more black in them for more contrast. But I do love the first and last one the most! Hmmm...

Wilson, can't wait to see pics of your new x-2. Be sure to post!!
Old    wakelvr            01-10-2003, 10:51 AM Reply   
Maybe we should order our x-2 in black??? Those graphics look SWEET on black!!!
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-10-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
Phaeton - no problems man. I know nobody will really be able to tell the difference, and you know what? I don't really care if nobody ever notices over the life of the boat - I notice so that's all that counts, right?

I'm just the kind of person who is never satisfied having a "stock" vehicle, be it a boat, truck or motorcycle. I love tinkering with the stereo, wheels, chrome, etc. Some people are addicted to things - mechanical things is mine.

Stefani - I wanted an all black hull but since they're changing to the new style boat I would've had to special order one and couldn't have gotten near the deal I got on this. I too looked at the red flake but I was worried that it was a "designer" color and that if I was to sell the boat several years down the line that it might be harder to sell (JMOT). Once I get the new decal and get the windows tinted jet black I think the boat will be PIMP!
Old    wakelvr            01-10-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
Zack: We have an x-9 right now with the metallic red flake and it's SWEET! It looks just as good today as it did when we bought it and we always receive compliments on it no matter where we go. The metallic red is a $1500 option, so I don't think it will hurt anyone down the line when you sell it. Just my opinion and experience. Your boat LOOKS SWEET! I like the black!

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-10-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
Zack sounds like we have a lot in common.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
Phaeton- I was just messing with you dude.
Stefani- I'm getting black. I thought about the all black hull but the wife said no. So we are getting black with white on the bottom.
Metal Flake is sweet! I like it because it's different. It would really confuse all the bass fishermen around here, which could be fun. No offense to any bass fishermen out there!
Old    wranger            01-12-2003, 12:25 AM Reply   
i like the first one and the second last one
Old    kevin_k8            01-13-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
Zach,

Who should I get a hold of to order some new decals, and how much do they usually cost. I have the same problem with scrathes on mine also.

kevin_k8@homtail.com
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-14-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
The flame graphic looks much better on the boat then off.

flame
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-14-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
If anyone is getting the new x-star go for the all black hull and the flame graphic as above, it would be the ultimate pimp daddy boat without question!

FYI I saw, touched and drooled over the all black x-star used in the 03 brochure when it appeared at our London (UK) boatshow and whilst it is a prototype it has to be the most awesome boat available - to thosequick enough with their wallets. If you are, get the flame graphic as well!! ...... please ........ then post a pic on here!!
Old    wakelvr            01-14-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
That's is the most PIMP boat I have seen yet.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
That X-9 really stood out at Atlanta; I spotted it a mile away. I generally don't like large graphics on the side of a boat, but that X-9 is changing my mind. I thought it looked awesome.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-15-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
I will say that the flame graphic on the side of that boat looks sweet. Apparently that must be the graphic my dealer said he didn't have a picture of. I think that's now in the race as my favorite.

Phaeton - I've been thinking along those lines for a while now - I love customizing my truck, boat, etc because it's stuff I've worked hard to buy and it gives me great joy. There's no doubt all of us love hearing "hey man, sweet boat" when we're out but even if I didn't I would love it just as much.
Old    cws_kahuna            01-15-2003, 11:38 AM Reply   
That X9 Looks Really Good.
Old    wakelvr            01-15-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
After talking to my dealer, It sounds like you'll be able to select from 3 or 4 different choices for each x series boat. So, we would order the flames for our x2 but obviously it would read x2.

Pretty cool.
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a list of the new available MasterCraft chrome goodies? My dealer doesnt even know about what all is available, mc.com says nothing about it. I saw some things at our show too but they were hanging on a wall and most were not obvious what they were.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-15-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
Grant - I don't have a list of them and scanning all the pics in would take a while but some that are included are:

Dash Trim, Shifter Knob, Tower Mirror, Cleats, Exterior Trim, Prop Shaft, Rudder, Trailer Wheels, Trailer Tongue, Intake & Exhaust Manifolds and finally Motor Mounts

There may be some others but that's whats in the catalog I have.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-15-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
I hope that the boat owners don't mind, but I took a little creative license with Photoshop to see how the new logos would look on boats. Here's a few that I worked on....

XStar on trailer 6

X star on trailer 1

X Star on water

XStar on water 2
Old    danno            01-15-2003, 3:37 PM Reply   
nice work Matt
Old    dropzero            01-15-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
great work Matt. Now I see what our boat would look like with the new stickers.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-15-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
A couple observations:

If I had taken more time, I could have done a better job. The size, placement and angle of the stickers on the black boat are all a little off.

Also, the detailing of the production stickers is A WHOLE LOT better than the drawings posted at the top of the thread. If you look at the first boat I did, compared to the X9 a little ways up, they flames are much more detailed and the whole thing has a nice pencil thin red adn white outline to help set it apart. So, the drawings up top are good to get an idea, but the real thing is going to look a whole lot better.

If anyone is seriously considering a boat/color/sticker combo and they want to see what it looks like, let me know and I'll put some real time into it and get it looking right.
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-15-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
Zack,

Thanks for that listing. I am curious what "Exterior Trim" means and I am dying to know how you dress-up a Prop Shaft? :-)

Seriously, do they have a picture of Exterior Trim? It looked like one was a bilge hole trim. I also saw what looked like they might be blower vents.

Thanks again Zack!
Old    wakelvr            01-15-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
Hey Matt: Nice Job! Our boat show is not this weekend but the next. We will take some pictures, get some information, and post.

Old    mrsjl            01-16-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
That X-9 is SWEET!