Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-02-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Someone forwarded this pic to me of the new Epic wake boat. I guess it retails for about $49,000 "loaded." What do you guys think?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-02-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
im not a huge fan of the noise of that thing, or the tower. $49k I thought that epic was supposed to be a cheaper boat company? Its gonna be a hard market if you can buy that or a v-ride for cheaper that has a proven reputation.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-02-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
Is it just me or is that an r/c antena
Old    jzwake            05-02-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
I like the looks, but does it have the wake? I'm sure thats the anchor light.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Not a big fan of the blunt nose. Overall it remindes me a a nautique hull with a MC windshield

(Message edited by skibum69 on May 02, 2005)
Old    zboomer            05-02-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
I like it, except for the front-end and tower, which looks almost like a Titan-I.

Otherwise, looks very clean. I just can't get past that blunt nose that goes straight down into the water though, don't like that at all. I think it kills the whole look.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-02-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
If I had 49K I would probably buy a loaded Malibu Vride over that boat.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-02-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
I think the upholstery looks pretty cheap and at $49k you would think they could put on a Proflight.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-02-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
looks like those clog shoes they wear in holland...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-02-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
that looks horrible. and what happened to bow lights? I think a hook in the front is important too. maybe swim deck?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
Also for $49K I would get the loaded '05 VLX I demo'd
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-02-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
I don't mind the look of the boat.. but then again... it is just a picture... I would like to see more pics.. more detail... and more description as to what was the thought and research that went into designing this boat... just curious... I want to know more.
Old     (wallyworld)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-02-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
"I think the upholstery looks pretty cheap"

how can you tell by that pic!

I would like to see some more pics at better angles before I decide what I think
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-02-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
I would buy a new Super Air 210
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
I like it alot. I think the nose looks pretty good. It is defietly different but different is good sometimes. I am not a huge fan of the tower but I think it is great to see new wakeboats. Not everyone has to have an Xstar or SAN

Are they evr going to have their website up??

(Message edited by jon4pres on May 02, 2005)
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
not much to see from that pic, but...

it's nice to see something different. i think the blunt nose is pretty cool, and unique in boats in general. the lines are clean, and the graphics aren't overdone. the hull looks pretty deep, and the bow looks like it would cut chop well.

i'd be shocked if that isn't a Titan I, which is IMO the best peforming tower on the market. Titan I/II's always look much better with accessories. IMO a black windshield frame would look much better, especially on that color scheme.

are those the nav lights in front of the front tower legs? also where are the bilge vents?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-02-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
couple more thoughts -

the dash looks really low to me. that may be a good thing for visibility, though.

i would ditch the stick anchor light for a tower-mounted, probably would be zero cost difference. a tall stick one, esp in that location, is guaranteed to get broken.

where did the $49k figure come from? reliable source, or speculation?
Old    powerstroke            05-02-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
erik i think your right!!! the boat looks fake to me. look real close. maybe i will post a pic of my sons x-star rc on my pond in the back yard. it will look pretty real and fake at the same time also. more pics. something in the background other than water then i will believe.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-02-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
Did anyone notice that there's no window at the walk-thru.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-02-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
look just in front of the front tower mounts, there would be your bow lights!!
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-02-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
those bow lights would bother the people in the front when riding at night prohibit them fromseeing to the back of the boat. Looks photoshopped, with the matte black paint job.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-02-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
Need to know what the wake is like, how it drives, how solid it feels, and the quality of workmanship/attention to detail. The only things that count (in my book). Can't tell any of those points from the picture so....

Old    stillstandin            05-02-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
That boat is UGLY...whats with the nose..
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-02-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
OH no, I stubbed my nose again Let's all wait to hear from someone who rides behind one. Get a demo and report back.

Sea-Ray came and went from the competition watersports boat market in the early to mid 90's. Nissan/Infiniti/Epic boats made a run at it with some nice boats in the late 90's (maybe it was Toyota/Lexus/Epic). Session (which came from Regal) has spent a TON of money marketing to the wake market and you don't hear much from them but the boats are pretty nice with some innovative features.

Gotta be a tough boat market to enter with lots of entrenched companies doing such an awesome job making great product. It's certainly tough for small companies to make it in this market. Don’t know about the new Epic boat, time will tell as we learn more about the boat and the company. There is always a big corporation that looks at our niche market and says; now there's an opportunity.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Go with tried, tested, and true!
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-03-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   

Old    georgewbush            05-03-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
That just looks really plain. I wonder if they have it disguised like car compainies do when they are testing new cars. But then again it says epic in huge letters right down the sides. It is just missing something in the looks department.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-03-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Looks like Sea World on the background (San Diego).
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Still waiting for more and more pics.. and more and more information!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-03-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Dang, thats a long cabin, Pro-V style. Love the full wrap around lounge style. The interior is a little plain, maybe "clean" in marketing speak. Personally I prefer plain to bling bling. Maybe the observers seat could be a little more rounded off.

The stubbed nose is passable in black but would move to ugly in any other colour I think. Probably allows for a very large centre ballast. I wish this thing was prettier, theres too many ugly wakeboard boats already, a lot of boats need all this fruit hanging off them to disguise their ugly lines. Bring back the 98 SNOB ha ha.

(Message edited by ralph on May 03, 2005)
Old    stillstandin            05-03-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
The front in reminds me of a duckbilled patapus...thats what they should name that boat. The epic platapus..
Old     (jeremyog)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Way too many choices out there to get this ugly boat. You can get alot of boat for $49,000 without having to deal with an ugly, unproven brand.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
The bow lights are on the sides of my mastercraft and they never seem to bother anybody sitting up front
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
I think it's kinda cool. I'd like to see one up close. Looks like a blend of a lot of different boats to me. Dash looks like a malibu, the interior reminds me of a Tige. The hull sort of looks like a nautique. I don't like the tower design though. Maybe it'll be at some boat shows in the future
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-03-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Whats with all the remarks about not liking the tower??? It looks like the titan tower which I thought quite a few people liked.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-03-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
Isn't that starboard tower leg kind of far over in front of the driver? Odd mounting point. Usually they're a lot further outboard aren't they?

That X in their graphic is going to get them in trouble.

Like the one guy said, why no windshield for the walkthrough?
Old    evo900            05-03-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
Looks sweet as, anyone got anymore info on her..
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-04-2005, 1:23 AM Reply   
With the snub nose it looks like a shoe.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
49K!!!! go buy a SAN most people have never heard of Epic boats. demo a Epic and then a SAN.
-alex-
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-04-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
i'll ask again - D, where did this $49K number come from?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
One of the guys in the company has posted here before. Maybe he can give some insight.

That's definitely got to be a Titan tower.

The top of the deck looks way too flat and square for me. They could use a good design engineer. (I'm available, he, he:-))

They claim this boat to be the first true wakeboard specific boat. I don't get it, how is it different other than the closed mold construction?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-05-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
Wow, HUGE seating area. Definately a Titan tower, and that's a great looking tower mirror bracket
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
i dont know, looks photoshopped to me, the water comming off of that boat just seem sureal. im pretty good with photoshop as are a lot of kids my age, you can some amazing stuff with that, the only problems with it are sometimes the colors dont come off very realistic, i dont think these colors come out to be realistic, but maybe im just trying real hard to look for something that maybe isnt there. definantly need more info... like, where did this pic come from? how did his buddy get it? that would be awsome if he faked all of us into thinking that this boat exsisted.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Mike, you're kidding right? It's real, unless the manufacturer is faking all of us. You can go to www.epicboats.com, but I don't think their site is up.
Old    powaman            05-05-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
:Flame Suit On:I really like the look of the boat, the nose makes it look different and tought looking, the matter black paints id definetly different but I kind of like it. The graphics are clean, and the boats not cluttered looking. And althought basic, I like the ineterior. I like the clean, no clutter look. I have to agree tho, the boat looks tough and rugged looking with the sharp lines of the boat, then they though that tower on and it looks like crap, If they had some other kinda of tower that fit with the theme better it'd look alot better.
Old    evo900            05-05-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
Mike, going off the look of that water, maybe it doesn't exist, or maybe that photo was taken in area51 and its a secret government plot to transport aliens and take over the world.. Or maybe we're looking to hard..
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
Any more info on Epic? I want to see and find out more about this boat.... Don't tell me this is their only boat. At this rate... their quality control better be flawless... Building one boat per decade will keep quality and innovation up....
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-13-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Is this the same brand as the toyota models?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-13-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
no
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-14-2005, 1:00 AM Reply   
Wow, this thread just keeps on rolling. I guess I better chime in :-) The pictures DeltaDave posted were not meant to become public. We sent them out as a sneak peeks for potential dealers and vendors wanting more info as our product gets closer to the official release date. We have things lined up for a May 20th press release date. The website, with downloadable specs, pics and video, should go live on the same day. It has been a long road from initial design to official public launch. But the wake, comfort, and functionality of this boat have been well worth the wait. I appreciate all the constructive comments made during this unscheduled discussion and I will properly address any question after all the info on the Epic 23v is made available.

Thanks,

Chris Anthony
Epic Boats
San Diego, CA
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-14-2005, 2:27 AM Reply   
I would take it.