Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-14-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
I was up in the nose of my '87 nautique today (getting ready to set up my stereo system) and found something interesting. I realized the boat has a heater. I've only had the boat a couple weeks and I thought that the vents and hoses were just a cool air blower (the switch on the panel says "acc"). The blower seams to be working fine. However, the water lines going to the heater are not connected in the engine compartment. Both hoses are in the engine compartment, but not connected to anything. For the life of me, I can't see where they might go . Can anyone help me with this. It obviously needs to tap into the water that cools the engine, but I need to know how. Please be specific if you can. If you had pics of yours that would be even better.

Man I love this boat. I can't believe it came stock with a heater!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-14-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
Are you absolutely sure you are not looking at the bilge pump hoses?

Take a pic so we can see what you have. Interesting.

Lucas
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-14-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
Trevor,
Swing bye the shop with the boat and I can point you in the right direction.

Give me a call

Charles.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-14-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
Careful as the heater core may be leaking and that is why it is disconnected. They are a common heater core and can be had at most auto parts stores.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-15-2005, 2:02 AM Reply   
I'd say its disconnected because the core is corroded and its leaking.
Pull the core out and check it before plumbing it in.
Old    fun9c1            02-15-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
I noticed the same thing in my '86 2001. I always assumed they put the hoses and vents in all their boats and if somebody wanted a heater they could just throw in the heater core and hook up the hoses. It would be a major PITA to get the hoses through there after the boat is built and was probably cheaper for them just to put vents and hoses in all the boats to begin with.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2005, 12:07 AM Reply   
Rob L:
Our '88 didn't had any hoses for the heater prelayed...