Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    sandman            03-05-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
I took my bindings off of my 02' Premier last night only to discover my board has dramatically changed color. The entire board (other than the area under the baseplates) now has a reddish/pink hue to it. Almost looks like a sunburn. It is most noticeable in the darker region near the fron half of the board. THe back half where it fades to white is not nearly as noticeable. Has anyone else noticed this on their Hyperlite board?
Old    beerdrnknboardr            03-05-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
yeah, my old byerly looks like that, and as i recal my double up looked like that last time i took my bindings off. And now that i think about i'm pretty sure it happened to my hl project too
Old    david_jackson            03-05-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
use a boat wax and it will help rivive it it happend with my premier too
Old    brettly            03-05-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
mine is still cool, but then I keep it in a bag
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
it's called fade. the sun does that to everything.
Old    cmm83            03-05-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
sun? what is this "sun"? lol
Yeah my TFD is faded now too :-(
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2004, 4:26 PM Reply   
It's definitely time to get a new one. Fade's will hold you back big time.
Old     (hobag)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Yea, fade sucks but the boards now are way better than five or six years ago
Old    brettly            03-05-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
yep sounds like a reason to get a new board!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            03-05-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
I am always up for a new board but 2 things before you do anything:
1. Hyperlite says in no uncertain terms that you should never put anything on your board other than soapy water - I dont recommend you wax it.

2. Put the boots back on, you wont notice the fade....
Old    beerdrnknboardr            03-05-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
or you could just put so many stickers on it you cant even see the board, or spraypaint
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-05-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
during the winter(non-riding season) I take my bindings off the board. I left them on for like two weeks one time and then went to take them off and it felt as if they where glued on. and I also take them off every night(during season) to prevent having fading or worse from ever happening to the board. $500, investment-oh I think so.....
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
My old LF used to do that bad. It would get a tan, went from bright yellow to brown. Then in the offseason where I put it in the closet, it went back to yellow, then season came around, went back to that yellow-brown colour.