Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-25-2009, 12:43 AM Reply   
I am getting ready to get a one of the above Sanger models. A good friend has had a v210 since 03 and it hasn't missed a beat so reliability is great. She'll be used mostly for wakesurfing but also some wakeboarding and a few other bits and pieces too etc.
I hate paying excessive amounts for gas though and wanted to know if anyone had any idea of how much the 237 is likely to use per hour wakesurfing.
I'm in New Zealand and I've worked out that at todays prices we're paying about $6.50 per Gallon. I Think it's just more about me having my eyes wide open on what to expect when I go ahead with things.
I'm definitely leaning towards the 237 but there's some pretty primo waves on here that have been made by 215s too.

Also is there anything else I should know about the boats above, any reason I should go for the 215 or 230 over the 237??

thanks

(Message edited by powdrhound on August 25, 2009)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2009, 6:27 AM Reply   
All three work well for wakesurfing. The V237 is the best by far due to the additional freeboard. Fuel wise I think I use about 6 gals per hour wakesurfing. Probably could change props and not use as much. They have made some changes in the V215 that if they made the same changes on the v237 it makes it that much better. I haven't heard if the V237 has been changed or not. I will find out.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-25-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
I love my V215 and it throws an amazing wake for surfing and wakeboarding. That said I'm certain my next boat will be a V237. I would think that going from the 210 you'd love the space of 215 as well as the wave but ultimately you may be remiss for not going 237. I think I burn around 8 gallons per hour but I'm getting ready to prop down a little to see if it improves. I don't need all the hole shot anymore.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
My family picked up an '09 237 (which is exactly the same as the '10s). I haven't had a ton of time with it yet, but so far it has been a lot of fun.

I haven't been in the other models, so I can't really compare, but I am definitely happy we went with a bigger boat.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-26-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
old saying about boats " you can never have enough room " coming from having 19' dd mastercrafts all my younger life .... the v-drive boats are awesome with room and its incredible the room the 23s and 24s have in them .... i drove my boat through the slalom course the other day and it was like a tuna clipper LOL .... ( 2002 v230 sanger ) .... im now getting the yearning to hit the buoys again after i lose another 50#s .... probably have to buy another dd boat .... here comes the divorce part LOL
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
What's the wakebaord wake like behind the 237, as nice as the V215?
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-27-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
Thats awesome, thanks guys. I'll go for the 237.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-28-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
Funny Frank. I too thought about picking up a late 80's Prostar like I rode when I was very young just to hit the course and zip around. Not sure the wife would go for it since kids college is creeping up on us.
Sometimes it's nice not to have a boat of 10 people to entertain. Pick your battles and I'll wait till the kids are out of college
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-28-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
i actually have a headstart becuase i got a 315hp blackscorpion and velvet drive with full harness sitting in my garage .... 2000 model with less then 150 hrs .... anyone wanta provide the old boat and we'll be partners .... and shes already demanding the motor be gone so the logical thing is putting it in a boat ... no?