Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (brentcochran)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-22-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
I've found a good deal on a 2004 Supra SSV but I'm not very familiar with the brand or model. From the searching I've done, it sounds like it's got a respectable wake for wakeboarding and surf (especially starboard surf...which is nice for us goofy's out here). I also like the seating layout and overall quality of the boat.

Has anyone had issues or annoyances with this boat at all? All well made boats have high and low points but I'm looking for some honest feedback.

Thanks folks!

Brent
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-22-2009, 5:33 PM Reply   
We have an 05 basically the same boat. The most obvious is the low free board. The storage is ok for us but we don't take a lot of extra crap. The only problem I have had is with one of the ballast valves(sprinkler valve). They are low cost valves so no big deal. We love our boat. You need to test drive it and make sure the boat fits your needs.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
we have an '03. Still going strong with zero problems to date. Rockin wake and well made. Storage is lacking IMO, but that just depends on what all you bring I guess. Get in it and take it for a test to seee if it fits!
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-22-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
I am with Kyle on this. I have an 03 and love my boat
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
Owned an 04 for about 1.5 years. It's been mentioned, btut he storage is sub par for a 22 foot boat IMO, low freeboard, and the rough water ride is pretty bad ( and wet). But overall it's a great boat.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-23-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
I've had mine for 4 years and still love it. The wake is as verstile as they come. The storage is all relative.... yes it's true there isn't much storage, but that's only because the lockers are being filled up with upgraded ballast sacs.

I've seen plenty of other boats from the same year with more storage, but they also have to fill up extra sacs laying on the floor to get the same wake. The boats of today have improved their design to accomodate ballast without giving up storage. Great boat!!!

(Message edited by nauty on April 23, 2009)
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-23-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
I am looking at the exact same model and year... what is a good deal in your opinion? The one I am looking at is listed for $33,500.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
IF your considering 33.5k, spend 5-10k mroe and get a used 07 21V. 21V isnt' much smaller than the 22. And much better freeboard, better storage IMO.

Are you financing? If so, your better off going newer, banks aren't loaning much money against "older" boats. You should have less out of pocket $$$ going a bit newer. From what I've been told banks are only loaning 85-90% NADA ( no options)
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
I own a 2004 supra ssv and for 3 years now and love it also. has a good wake and is well made boat. Storage isnt too much of a problem in my opinion.
Old     (brentcochran)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-23-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'm upgrading from a 21' DD that also has bags in all the storage areas (and on the floor in the nose) so the storage and freeboard will probably be better than what I have.

Good to know about the sprinkler valve issue...maybe I'll hunt down a replacement before one fails. Nothing like dead ballast to kill a session.

I'll post pics if/when I seal the deal.

Brent
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-24-2009, 5:11 AM Reply   
i have nothing bad to say about mine at all