Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mikemoti)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
I would like to spend around 50k on a boat and am not sure if I should go with a new sanger/moomba or a used malibu/air nautique.
also which models would be comfortable to slalom and wakeboard with?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-23-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
Not sure about Sanger, Moomba Outback V, LSV. Malibu 21 XTI or VTX. Air Nautique-SV211. That's what you asked for. Don't forget Supra 20 SSV and MC X1, X2 with wakeplate, X15 with wakeplate for recreational skiing.....
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-24-2007, 12:41 AM Reply   
Had a really good skier for a set on my D215 sanger. He said he really noticed the bump from the wake but it was very skiable. He has a Prostar 197.
It has the same hull as a V215 so you've got a great shape wake but you'll need to add more ballast for a good boarder.
I like the layout and rear facing seats. I imagine the XTi is similar as would be the Svarfa but that's 23' so its starting to be heavy for skiing.
I can't give a valuable opinion on the others.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-24-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
I had an SV211 and really like it. LIked the wakes, loved the storage and layout, but the thing i didn't like was that it didn't handle chop too well.
Old    dabigkahuna            08-24-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
2005 SV-211 Team Edition

$46,500.00 Delivered to West Coast Port Seattle

Upload

Additional Pictures at http://web.mac.com/alanjoaquin/iWeb/Site%202/Photos%202.html

I am selling this boat because it has been officially kicked off the Marina I live on due to it having an “Excessive Wake”. The Marina Patrol claims that this boat, even with no ballast filled, throws out a wake that is too big!!! Well, the Wife has had it, and she wants us to get a boat that we can actually use in our Marina that we live on. So..the “Green Machine” is for sale.

Here’s the skinny on the boat:

2005 SV-211 Team Edition Fully Loaded

Standard Features Include:
Keyless Ignition
Stereo remote on dash
Three Ballast system (730 lbs.) controlled at the helm
Wakeboard Pro
Snap-out Carpet
Walk-Through Transom
Led Courtesy Lights throughout

Added Options Include:
ZR6 375 HP Engine w/ 370 hours
Fresh Water Closed Cooling System
Dripless Packing Gland
Custom Bimini Top
Wet Sounds Pro 80s pushed by JBL Marine Amp
Air Trakker Video Camera Mount
Docking Lights
Billet Tower Mirror Arm
Upgraded Grey Nautique Traction Pads
Upgraded Ballast Control Valves
Removable Rear Bench Seat
Bow Cushion
Jump Seat
Nautique Boat Cover
Custom two-piece Snap-on Bow & Cockpit Cover (still in box, cost $1,400)
Spare Prop
Spare Starter
Spare Belt
Dual-Axel Galvanized DHM Trailer w/ new carpet

The boat is a Correct Craft, so quality is top notch. There is no scratches on the Hull, and no rips in the upholstery. The Boat is in awesome condition. The wake is sick when loaded up with factory ballast and 6 people, and the wakesurf wave is the bomb (do a search on Wakeworld and Planetnautique.com for SV211 and you can read all about this boat). In fact, the President of Correct Craft owns a 211, go figure! I have taken care of this boat meticulously, Salt-Away after every use, inside and out (by the way, about 10% of the engine ours are from flushing the motor with Salt-Away while washing the boat). I’m sure some of the wakeworlders that have gotten a pull from the “Green Machine” will chime in here if they see this post.

My price is $46,500.00. This will include shipping the boat from Hawaii to the port of Seattle, WA. A different Port can be chosen, but there may be a cost increase in shipping costs. If you want to come check the boat out in Hawaii, I’ll hook you up with some serious riding at our ski club located in Keehi Marine (it’s ridiculously smooth water that has a killer vibe, you will be stoked!)

If you have any questions PM me and I’ll get right back to you.

Aloha,

Alan Joaquin
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-24-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
What you might want to try to find is a 2001-2004 Malibu Sunscape 21LSV. If it doean't have it, build in your ballast system, and vioala a crossover boat
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-24-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
x1
Old     (steedracer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
If you are looking for a cross-over boat, meaning good for both skiing and wakeboarding, then I would look into a used one of the Malibu XTi's (get the length you want), or if you could go just a little higher, the new for 2007 Centurion Enzo SV216 is designed for just what you want. It's a big 21.5 ft. boat and adept at both ends of the spectrum, with just a little compromise from the great ride that the deeper-v Centurion hulls provide.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-24-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, the deeper V isn't conducive to putting out a small wake. If you want a boat that does both very well, the X1 is the way to go. It’s a light boat with a flat bottom. The hull (same as the 205DD) is AWSA approved to pull tournaments (in the DD form), but even in the Vdrive form, the wake is not much different. I use to have a 205DD and then went to a 205V (Old XStar). We ran the course with that thing all the time. The wakeboard wake is one of the best out there.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-24-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
If you are looking at used IE: Prior to 2006 then I would strongly recommend the Supra Launch DD's 21 or the 22SS. At 32-35 my 2003 22 ss cleans up very nice for skiing. With ballast it puts out a wide steep wake and you can trim the ramp with the wake plate. Lots of storage in a supra, and just a really good crossover boat.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-24-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I pull skiers on occasion with our V-210 with no complaints.
There is a guy who runs a barefoot school/camp on our river that uses Sanger V-210's, and I'm guessing that they would not want too much turbulance back there.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
The Centurion Enzo 216 is a good crossover boat I don't think that you could get one for 50 K
Old    bocephus            08-24-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
SV-211 is the only one that is tourny approved for both Slalom and Wake.....
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
That is for class C tournaments only not the same approval as the for all tournaments.

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/TournKit/AWSA/Chief%20Driver/2007%20Chief%20Driver%20Form-AWSA.pdf
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Mikeski should chime in here, he has had a lot of luck with his 211 - hardcore skiier and a great wakeboarder/surfer.

I think there was another thread similar to this a couple months ago that had some good info. Search around on the 211.
Old    dabigkahuna            08-24-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
Kevin, you are correct, Class C is less stringent than say a Class A rating. However, the SV-211 is the Only V-Drive approved for USA Waterski Tournaments, at any level. No other V-Drive has gotten this approval.

As far as the wake, it is slightly bigger than whay you might expect at slow speeds (18-21 MPH), even when the hydro-gate is in slalom mode and you have no ballast. Not Massive or anything, but smaller than what a 196 would throw. This is why I got kicked out of our Marina, my wife was afraid to go faster than 18 MPH, so the wake looked bigger than what the marina patrol was used to seeing thrown by smaller ski boats (CC 196, Sea Rays, other types of I/Os, etc.).

All in all, AWSOME boat, I just can't use mine where I live