Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Note the perfect form:

1) All members of a wakesurf crew are required at all times to be in possesion of a opened beer, including surfing member.

2) Weighting a wakesurf boat is critical. One must sit on the gunnel of said boat at all times. Members not sitting on gunnel must stand in center of boat so as not to offset member sitting on gunnel.

3) All wakesurf boats must have, at all times, a tube on board to be used as a life raft when said vessel turns over due to weight imbalance.

4) It is critical that a wakesurf vessel must be powered by I/O power sources so as to properly "trim-out" said vessel.

5) Wakesurf crews must be on the water by 10am so as to get surfing before the "buzz" from the previous night has not worn off yet.

"Friends don't let friends wakesurf" Ha, ha, ha!!

FLAME SUIT ON.... go for it.

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-14-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
So I'm assuming you packed it up and went home about the time this picture was taken. Tahoe lakes are pretty small!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-14-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Some people just don't get it. Last week we were riding and a boat wakesurfing deemed it necessary to follow us wherever we went. I mean the water wasn't that busy and the rode up on us while we were switching riders, and we gave them the thumbs up to show them we thought they were the coolest ever and we take off the other way and damn if two minutes later when here they come again. The bad thing is we left them with at least a mile and a half of good water ahead of them and they abandoned it to come show off again. And we had to turn back towards a guy killing the river with a tube. Sometimes it just isn't your day.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-14-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
They also have a tube, just in case they need to get more annoying
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
it's blocking the prop in case he falls
Old    mendo247            09-14-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
The tube is serving double duty as a prop protector lol
Old    K.B.C.            09-14-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHA, nice evan! was just about to post this myself in similar fashion, well done! COWABUNGA!!!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-14-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
1 wakeboard, 4 guys, the math makes sense
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
hahaha So if you drink a beer while wakesurfing, it's a point of contention, but if you drink a beer while wakeboarding, it's because you're "just trying to stay hydrated on a hot day?"

Upload
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
By the fact hes still holding onto the rope I think some wakesurfers are going to argue hes a confused boarder(let go of the rope son). I guess as long as you have a brew in one hand you have to have the handle in the other.LOL
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
"hahaha So if you drink a beer while wakesurfing, it's a point of contention, but if you drink a beer while wakeboarding, it's because you're "just trying to stay hydrated on a hot day?"

Yup. Ha, ha, ha.

I might cut him some slack if he were actually drinking his beer. Oh, or possibly if that rope wasn't as tight as a wakeboard rope. Even maybe if there were 20 other boats tearing up the water like they were while I was "staying hydrated".

Otherwise.... nope, no slack. Ha, ha, ha.

Oh, and drinking a beer while riding (skiing, tubing, etc) is never a point of contention. I just thought it was funny that we caught this whole bit in action. Tell me that picture isn't classic.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
You do have to give them credit for having that strategically placed tube in case they fall face first into their prop.

Safety first!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
Oh, yeah.... Without a doubt.

They've got an airbag for their prop. Good heads up call there.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-14-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Hatin sure is fun and cool. I think the post is lamer than the picture.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-14-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
WOW WAkemikey HARSH!
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
I agree with WakeMikey, having fun with your buddies is what I think riding is all about.

How dare them have a tower, tube, 1 wakeboard and wakesurf to have a good time? Sad!!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
I know... I'm a hater. I can't stand it when people have fun on the water and would never involve myself in such behavior (see above picture).
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
Evan and the rest of the CIE crew are all haters! They never have an open invite to anyone to ride on their boat, dont throw events to benefit our sport and are just all around rooster suckers as people..

CIE = no fun
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-14-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
"How dare them have a tower, tube, 1 wakeboard and wakesurf to have a good time? Sad!!!"

Good time or not, I am going to hate on anyone with a tube, unless it's a parapalegic.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-14-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
I think the post holds merit merely because they are wakesurfing with an I/O! any irony at Evan's expense goes out the window because of the I/O.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
That staying hydrated "gotcha" post was awesome! Like Tahoe lakes, Wakeworld is a small world. As hypocritical as it may be to criticize someone just out having fun, I don't care. Wakesurfing has literally robbed me of two months of my summer. I agree with Ms. Boucher, "Wakesurfing is the Devil!" Exhibit A is the photo above.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Really, you are going to hate on anyone with a tube?

Next time my kids want to go for a tube ride I will have to tell them no because we will get hated on for tubing on wakeworld.

"Evan and the rest of the CIE crew are all haters! They never have an open invite to anyone to ride on their boat, dont throw events to benefit our sport and are just all around rooster suckers as people.. "

If you are going to rag on people for having a good time then yeah I think you are a rooster sucker (as you put it). If you rag on the for not being safe then I would agree with you.

I am so tired of the wakeboard only behind the boat mentality. I live on a lake that I get dirty looks for wakeboarding as they all ski and barefoot.

Whats crazy is your just like them...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
My folks sent me to public school so I could "make fun and get made fun of", it's part of the fabric of America. You guys that get all butt hurt over a good ol' fashion ribing need to grow a pair and stop being so damn whiney! It's all in good fun, just chill!!

And I don't want to hear the "well they started it" crap. Just give some 'ish back and laugh, everyone else is!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
"Evan and the rest of the CIE crew are all haters! They never have an open invite to anyone to ride on their boat, dont throw events to benefit our sport and are just all around rooster suckers as people.. "

I hope you realize that my post was being sarcastic. CIE are some of the best people I have met. Have done nothing but been good friends, curtious, had me on the boat multiple times, threw IMO the BEST wake event I have ever been to and have made me and my kid feel like we are all on the same level. Billy, Evan, Jarrod and Allen Dont hate, they do wonders for the sport of wakeboaring here in CA and have fun at the same time doing it.. Some people seriously have their panties really tied up on a bunch!

(Message edited by extremeisaac on September 14, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-14-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
I love it when sarcasm goes unrecognized!
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-14-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
me too
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       09-14-2009, 4:28 PM Reply   
maybe we should make a sarcasim font
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
Usually sarcastic statements can be followed up with a to make your point clear. Ha, ha, ha....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
Seriously, though... Stephan is right on the money.

Hence my original statement... "flame suit on". I've done plenty of stuff in my years that has warranted a solid ribbing.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-14-2009, 4:44 PM Reply   
As far as the tube-hating and wakeboard only mentality... I understand the tube hating. I've had my riders nearly run over by tubers and have to powerturn to protect them. I've had tubers cut in front of me and have to take evasive action. I've come to the conclusion that tubers are no good, dangerous, and inconsiderate. Maybe not all, but most that I see.

Beyond that a tube takes no skill, I don't enjoy riding on a tube, and it's a waste of gas. Some of my friends want to tube behind my boat and I tell 'em no. Anyone is welcome to wakeboard, kneeboard, ski... Something that takes a mediocum of skill. I mostly kneeboard, used to ski, and I'm slowly learning to wakeboard (whenever I can borrow a board, probably get my own next season). I just don't consider tubing a watersport.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
^^^Don't tell my little girl that. She has a pretty big bag of tricks she can do on the tube....(insert sarcastic icon here). lol
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
"Seriously, though... Stephan is right on the money. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
Heavy has it. We're all just poking fun, the same way water skiers, snowboarders, and skateboarders make fun of us. I'm sure if you went to a discussion board for one of the above, you could find a discussion bagging on wakeboarders. It shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Someday my daughter will want to tube. I'll take her out to the lake and make it happen. Someone will probably make fun of me. Whatever.

BTW....Isn't "Hater" a term to describe someone that is jealous?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-14-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
This has gotten out of hand.

Mike Zimmer:
Do I like tubing? No, I believe that it is an activity that takes relatively no skill other than holding onto the tube. But if I roll into a spot and low and behold someone is tubing, skiing, fishing, whatever, I respect the fact that they were there first and I either head somewhere else or I give them as much space as possible. Now what irks me, is when I'm somewhere, especially on a "not-so-busy day" and they want to either buzz right past me or do twenty figure eights directly in line of my boat and rider. I guess what irks me is not necessarily the tube, but the person driving the boat.
Old    dperizzolo            09-14-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
What ever ha ha, Evan, I laughed. You made a least one person smile ha ha ha.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
Jeremy, what are you talking about- Tubers have no skill. It so obvious you've never been the rear man on a 5 man banana tube where mad skill and balance is involved in staying on. Its like riding a bull, only a really mean and nasty one. Like one at a bullfight with a crazy spanish name that you can't translate. Damn boarders trying to dis all the tubers. I wont have it! We were doing it long before you strapped big skateboards without wheels to you feet. Driving by in your fancy boats, making those waves, making it hard for me to go around in circles with my 1978 bayliner and screw up the whole lake. I agree this has gotten out of hand but its all in fun and I cant help but LMAO at it all. Jeremy no harm intended!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2009, 5:36 AM Reply   
"rooster sucker"
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
neither one of you were actually drinking..you were both posing...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
"the rear man on a 5 man banana"

Those words should not be linked together.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-15-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
This is why I can't resist starting these threads.... They end up totally cracking me up.

jr... dood, you're soo right

I ain't tryna front, but I 1000%, most assuredly, landed that 180 perfectly clean, beer to face, taking a drink. Jarrod just caught the picture early. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
It was legit and smooth.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
Upload
the similarities are uncanny

(Message edited by CAskimmer on September 15, 2009)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
haha...someone has a lot of time on their hands.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
^^^hahaha that's awesome
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
try 45 seconds. changing text in photoshop doesn't take long
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
Okay, THAT is absolutely hilarious.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-16-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Don't worry these guys will be chopped into little pieces with their first fall and we'll be done with them. I think they pulled that pic from the boating safety video
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-16-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Last time I was in a boat that surfed a young girl on a waverunner hit our roller about 100yards back moving pretty fast. She nose dove and flew over the handle bars, catching her knee on the handle bar and her face on the front of the waverunnner. We quickly turned around and dove in after her. She broke her leg, had a broken nose and horrible looking bloody face.... she was air evac'd out. Never heard any more...

Just bringing up another point that isnt "butter" related. The depth of rollers heavily weighted surfing yields can be crazy dangerous... and most rec boaters dont have the knowledge to see the rollers from a distance.

ehh, my .02
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
My .02-----

This is a wakeboarding discussion thread. Isnt this thread set up for wakeboarders to post about whatever they want regarding wakeboarding? You people that are complaining about the attitudes of wakeboarders stop reading these threads and go post something on the "tubers, PWCs, powerturners who cant take a joke" thread.
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
lol Jeremy, Good time or not, I am going to hate on anyone with a tube, unless it's a parapalegic.

Im agreeing with u but wsould like to point out CC roberts still wakeboards fine!
F U All tubers!!! hahah. and to the dude that was bit*&ching about his kids tubing, there never too young to start shreddin! tubes are good for filmin thats it Not for tubing!!! (the prop block is ok good to keep ur limbs)could get a V drive though... NO sking No tubing No bullsh%$ buywake said it best! haha