Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
it's a bunch of bs I think they finally realized they could be making more money off of everyone so they discontinued the single pump and made it to where you have to buy the pump with the extra $3 part for about $30 more
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-04-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Chris, got any better pics of your new platform ? Do you like it better than the fiberglass platform ? I'm thinking about rebuilding mine it looks kinda warped on one side
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-05-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
There is a better picture in the classified section:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/586500.html?1212459967

I definitely prefer it over the old one. The old one always felt really small to me so I made this one quite a bit larger. Also, the gator grip is much nicer than the old worn out pads that were on my other one. The warped look in the picture above most have something to do with the perspective of the picture. It isnt that way in real life.

(Message edited by maxx_wake on June 05, 2008)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Well it was another nice weekend in Minneapolis. Pretty nice anyways. Just missed a ton of rain to the south, but the Mississippi nriver is running very high still. It actually went up about a foot an a half. My boat lift canopy hits the windshield of the boat when I put it on the lift. I have to disconnect the canopy, lift up up and pull the boat in, then lower and reconnect canopy. Oh well.

Got the Monster Tower installed!! Got a few pics of installation and wake riding, but didn't get any good surf pics, or any final install pics DOH! Well it wasn't very sunny on Sunday so I'll get some when it's nicer out.

The install wasn't too bad, too about 3-4 hours total. Half of the time spent with finding distance of legs and spots to drill mounting holes that are accessable from the underside. My fiberglass/plywood was not really very thick at all. Not 3/8", so we used a treated wood backing plate.

The tower looks awesome, is rock solid and totally silent so far, and really makes the boat better. One board rack so far totally helps on space.

I had some extra people in the boat on Sunday so the surf wake for me was pretty dang good! Went a couple minutes with no handle. Still getting the hang of how to stay in the pocket and make some moves without losing it. This ocean surf board really isn't cutting it. It works ok for me, but other people have a tough time with it if they are bigger.

Really wishing I had fresh air exhaust but I'm pretty sure the girlfriend will not let me this year..... We'll see.

Oh, BTW I put in another battery we had lying around and it seemed to work a bit better. But still something is wrong. The boat will start every time, but often it cranks hard.

When I turn the key, if I watch the battery I hear an audible click, and sometimes a thin tendral of smoke rises up. If I have to start it a a few times in rapid sucession, the cables turn hot. So maybe the solinoid is drawing too much power. Gotta check it out when I have time arggg! Just wanna wake.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-09-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Chris, I was referring to mine being warped I don't know how the hell it happened but it's definitely warped a little on one side

Mikey, did you add a 2nd battery ? or replace the old battery ?
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-09-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
wakemikey,
I have the same prob starting on my 86 marauder which is the same baot as yours but with a closed bow. I see mine starting hadr when i have been pulling people for a while. When i stop and kill the motor then go to restart it act tlike the battery is dead. Then the next time it is fine. I am digging into it know. If I find anything that works Ill poass it along
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
For now I just am swapping out batteries since some we have around from other boats don't hold that good of a charge anymore. Ok for a smaller boat/motor, but won't cut it for our boats. 2nd battery is another project...

Snippy thanks for the heads up. I will also keep you updated if I find anything out. Did a brand new battery help you at all?

Here's a couple pics:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
The wake was way washy that day we didn't really care to position everyone perfect. Just enjoying the tower.

Upload
Upload
Old     (showtz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-09-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
I like the progress! We used to ride behind a 85 Supra Bow Rider just like yours. With the right amount of weight it was even fun to surf behind.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (elbastardo)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
Starting problems!!! Let's hear them... My 92 sunsport starts right up after sitting for a week, but after a few runs it will click like the battery is dead. Then after sitting for a few minutes it will fire up like nothing was ever wrong. I've tried opening up the throttle (assuming it was flooded) and I've tried hitting the starter with a wrench (in case anything was stuck in the starter). Both have worked, but I can't figure out if it's that or just sitting for a few minutes that fixes it. New starter maybe?
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
I had my starter rebuilt and still had the same prob. I am going to check the timing and replace cab and rotor and go over ignition wiring to see if any loose or corroded connections and see if that helps.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
I always put mine in neutral give it a little gas and she starts right up every time
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
I do the same as Monty, the only time I have problems if it hasn't ran in weeks. But then it just takes a little longer still no big deal tho.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
I need a tranny rebuild
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
We need to start a second thread for 1987 Supra Sunsport people. Anyone else up for it? This page takes a while to load.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yeah for real :-) lol every time I get on this thread at work it takes like 2 minutes to load
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-14-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Well I love the new thread idea but this is my thread so I'm going to post here a bit more before I start something new. Sorry that I'm kind in hyperpost mode lately but it's all happening so quick! Gotta get her up to par ASAP! :-)

So today we got a brand new battery and new terminal connections, soldered 'em in good and tightened the thumbscrews with a wrench. Thank the lord, all is right again with the SunSport. Fixed all the problems so far. She starts and runs great and the alt is working fine as far as we can tell without getting it tested.

We'll continue to monitor it for hot battery cables, battery drain or rough idle but for the last three hours or so of today it went great! Already have almost 12 hours on her!

Hooked up the simer pump for a trial run, it fills or drains my 680lb sac in about 5 minutes. Should work perfect. It's a bit loud bit it's fine when under a seat or in a sealed compartment. Now I just have to plumb the first sac.

I'm not really sure I'm going to be able to put a sac under the rear seat. I really want to, but the dividers seem somewhat hard to remove. They are almost connected to a portion of the floor.

We took the sac out of the rear locker and put it on the port side rear floor. Filled it alllll the way up and had three people sitting on port side. Worked great! Could still take more weight.... I haven't been able to get my bigger 220lb friends to drop the handle yet. They don't seem to get enough push from the Liquid Force Venture.