Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    malcolm            09-06-2004, 2:54 AM Reply   
Hi there, can any one please give me some info about these boats. Are they good for wakeboarding.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-06-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
They are still an I/O, buy an older DD or V-Drive and set it up the way you want and you will still save money. I don't know what the RX1s MSRP at, but I bet they are not much less than a moomba. Don't buy an I/O boat if you want to wb.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
I don't think I've seen any informed opinions on these boats so I think you'll just have to take a test ride. Buy or borrow some fat sacks if you plan on using them. Don't worry too much if the boat has a bit of trouble getting out of the hole with ballast because it's standard practice to get a prop with a lower pitch once you add ballast. A hydrofoil stabilizer also helps I/O's immensely in that respect.

Whatever you do, just be sure to ride behind some good inboards as well so you have a standard with which to compare. Generally, inboards are more expensive than I/O's so check out some smaller or older inboards that are in your price range to see if you can live with an older boat or fewer amenities and less space. Then, check out a few that are a little above your price range to see if spending the extra money might be worth it.