Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    wakebrdaholic            07-26-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
I'm looking at purchasing an 04 Mobius LSV from my local dealer. My only question is about the size of the rear bags and how those of you that own one weight yours. The boat has the 3 bag bertha ballast, but the rear bags look small. Is there only one size for the rear bags or are there regular bags and gravity games bags? Also any certain questions to ask? Any must haves on the boat? The boat has the 3 bag ballast, heater, CD player, Rise-R seat, 320 EFI motor, pop-up cleats, board racks, and a stainless prop. Thanks, Ty.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
The standard factory bags are 250 lbs for each rear bag and 500 for the center ski locker bag. You'll hear a whole host of answers from people on the weight for the GG bags, I emailed Mike at Barefoot International where the GG bags come from and he said they are 500 each for the rear and 1000 for the ski locker bag. I almost guarantee someone on here will tell you it's 800 for each rear (not possible due to compartment size restrictions) or 800 in the center, but like I said, I got my numbers directly from the people who make'em. I don't have an LSV but I've got a Supra SSV and I'd highly recommend the hydrolic wakeplate, very handy for getting up faster with a lot of weight. The other thing I'd do is upgrade the sound system, the factory system is laughable and for the price of their Kenwood upgrade, you could do it yourself much better or have an audio shop do it for you.

(Message edited by evil_e on July 26, 2004)
Old    cwb123            07-26-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
we got a mobius lsv this spring and we love it so far. have an audioshop do a soundsystem for you and definately get the perfect pass. we didn't get one and most people that pull me aren't as consistent drivers as i am.
Old    zboomer            07-26-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
I 2nd the suggestion on the wakeplate. You'll see some post that all it does is "make the wake smaller" but that's not true. It's awesome for tuning the attitude of your boat under varying conditions. After having it I can't imagine it being gone.

As for the Mobius LSV, my boss has one, and loves it. He too got the wakeplate.
Old    jchamlee            07-27-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
I just bought a new Mob LSV a few weeks ago and love it! I have factory sac up front and a Fly High Fat Sac on each side of the engine. These are 20"x50" and weight about 500 each. The wake is HUGE with 'em full. The only problem is it's not 40%/60%. To keep it from washing out, I had to put a little more weight up front to balance it out. Now, the wake is clean, steep and enormous. If you weigh 'er down, you'll want Perfect Pass and probably a wake plate. Gotta hace PP though.
Old    wakebrdaholic            07-27-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
How much weight did you have to put up front after adding those sacs and what did you use? Thanks for the help. Just test drove one today and hopefully I'll be closing this week. Let me know if I'm getting a good deal. 04 Mobius LSV with a heater, pop-up cleats, Rise-R Seat, 3 bag ballast, CD player and 6 speakers, 320 EFI, Stainless prop, and board racks for $37,000. The boat has 5 hours on it and I will be taking my PP wakeboard pro out of my current boat and installing it in this one. The only option that I wish it had is the wake plate. Thanks, Ty.
Old    zboomer            07-28-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
$37k is a terrible deal for those options. Go to http://www.moomba.com and use the pricing configurator to get a retail price for the boat, and compare.

I just tried it and came out with $35,785 as a RETAIL price. As you can see, $37k is a woeful deal for that boat with 5 hours on it.

5 hours us a used boat no matter how you look at it also, it should be a little cheaper than new.

He needs to knock at least $4-5k off IMO.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
i went to the boat show and got the following on a 04 mobius LSV:

board racks, cover, tower speakers, tower, ris-a-seat, stadium seating, 310hp carb, 3-year warrenty.

and all the other normal stuff for a total $32,450.

so you would have stainless prop (which i dont like), cleats (i didnt know moomba made those), heater (you can get for $2-500, bertha ballast, for $200 i got 2 350lb sacs and pump for back.

IMHO you are not getting a good deal at all.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-28-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
One thing you have to keep in mind is that the price configuration on Moomba's website doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be able to get it from a dealership for that price. That is why it says this at the end of the configuration:
"Price Quoted is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for boat, trailer and options listed. Price does not include freight to destination, taxes, duties, dealer prep, or dealer installed options. Dealer pricing may vary."
There is a lot of demand for Moombas these days because they are so "affordable," some dealers will jack their prices up because they can...
Old    zboomer            07-28-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Find another dealer. :-) Our local dealer is selling them practically as quick as they can get them, and still sell well under sticker.
Old    wakebrdaholic            07-28-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of the advice. I think that I am going to hold off on the boat. I can wait a few months and probably buy an 05 at a boat show with the same or more options for less money. Thanks for all of your input, Ty.
Old    grampawakerider            08-03-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
Timing seems key here........I've been looking at them too. (Their website) I don't have a local dealer and I was curious as to what options the dealers are ordering them with??? Also, what does the GG package include? Looks like in November we will get one, with PP wakeboard pro, bertha ballast, wake plate, racks and depth finder.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
Some dealers order them stacked, some choose to order them a little more bare bones to keep the price down.

If all you do is ride, be sure to get the 3 bag ballast, wb pro, wakeplate and depth finder. Engine upgrade is nice also.

Solid, very well performing boats....priced just right, too.

Good Luck!
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
Justice,
I have an '04 Mobius LSV with the stock ski locker Bertha Ballast. From various postings, it looks like this is a 500lb sac. I recently added two 540lb sacs, one on each side of the engine. We fill them about 2/3rds - 3/4ths full. I also fill an 85lb sac cube and put that up in the bow. However, I think I need more weight in the front because while the wake is large, it tends to curl over at the top - its not washing out, but curling over. You mentioned 40%/60% weighting. How much weight do you put up front and where? Given the weight of the engine, fuel, the two sacs, that equates to a lot of weight in the back. Balanced against 500lbs in the ski locker, it would almost seem I'd need another 540lbs sac up front to come close to the 40%/60%. Any advice would help. I do have the hydraulic wake plate and Perfect Pass.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
i put 700 lbs in back, 350lbs on each side of engine, and put 500lbs up front (ski locker).

i messed w/ the wakeplate until i got. halfway up is best for me, 75% was washing over, and 25% was really clean, but the wake didnt have a "peak" to it like it does halfway up.

just mess w/ the plate, you have good weight in there, you should be able to shape it up real nice.
Old    jchamlee            08-05-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
Wakeshoe,
You're right about the balance. My rear sacs are about 500 each. In order to balance the weight, I have the front sac (500lbs) full, then I place a 440lbs Launch Pad Locker/Bow sac up front.