Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-31-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
This is my second year of riding and last weekend I hit my first double up ever. This might not seem to exciting but it sent me flyin' as high as my pylon. Everyone in the boat went crazy. The feeling of being so high in the air (or at least compared to normal height) was amazing. It felt even better when I landed it too. Wakeboarding is awesome! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-31-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
nice. I remember the first double-up I hit solid. It's like a life-changing experience. congrats dude.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Dubs are great when you hit them just right.....
I don't know about you, but it seems like I get shot forward over my board when I really get the pop....... maybe I come in with too much forward weight? Anyone have tips?
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
LUCKY GUYS !!!!! I have a lot of diffuclty to get the good timing to hit it hard !!!!!

Still trying and you will be the first on WW to know when i will land it ( after people in my boat )
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-02-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
just keep practicing, it helps a TON in my consistency if a single driver drives them, all of my drivers drive slightly differently, but man last friday before I came back to school I hit them bigger and better than ever, cut out wide and drift back in and then edge towards the roller you want, dont try to rush it, this is where progressive edge comes into play ALOT because once your lined up you gotta hold and build your edge all the way up the roller
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-02-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Good work!! I remember my 1st double up. Its an awesome feeling. When you hit one, you know it. Then I got the new X-Star and they were never the same. the double ups are stupid big. seriously, i had a friend smack into one face first.. it was halarious.. I think the hardest thing about hitting them is getting a consistent pull. until you and the driver get them dialed be prepared for some trial and error.