Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-08-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Boards are in stock and ready to ship! Go to www.phalanxwake.com and check out the CW 385/425 , i know there are still a couple left from the first batch of boards. I will have mine this weekend, I will post a bunch pictures when it gets here!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-09-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-09-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
The quality of this board is unmatched. I have a Vandall, and the finish lines on the CW are much better. Smooth edges, not a single imperfection on the entire board. Its also VERY light!

If you were looking to pick up a Vandall and couldnt get your hands on one, you REALLY need to give this board a look. Phalanx is going to blow up this year!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
From a design standpoint I have one question...how does the water release from the edges with that thick of a sidewall? I know boards are going to a generally thicker, more durable rail but the CW seems to be really thick the entire length and I'm wondering how that will impact the boards ability to drop an edge? Perhaps thats the reason for 3 fins?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
i know this is an old thread, but i just realized i never really answered your question. the thick sidewall does not prevent this board from release from edging, but does a great job of locking it in when you want it on edge. the urethane does a great job of reducing the chatter in rough water as well. i love this board!

if anyone is interested, i am offering a one time deal on a CW 425. its one of my personal demo boards, and i am going to be ordering more soon, so I will hook someone up if they would like to try this sick board. CW 425, in excellent condition. hit me up!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
I believe that Ricky rode the same board all through last year. Supposed to be damn near unbreakable.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I believe that Ricky rode the same board all through last year. Supposed to be damn near unbreakable.
yeah man, i think hes still on the same one. last i heard he has not broken one yet! he may have changed up boards for a different reason, but i dont think its because he broke one
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thanks to Joe, I picked this one up last week. I have only had a chance to ride it once, so I will post my feedback after a few more times on it, but my initial reaction is that it was constructed very well, felt pretty light, and the landings in the flat were pretty soft (and I came from riding a flex board).
Attached Images

Old     (phalanxoperations)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Since we have a Phalanx thread going, if you could spend 20 seconds and go vote for us to qualify to win 250k grant from Chase & Living social. Today June 29th is the last day to vote.

go to: https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com

Login with Facebook Search "Phalanx wakeboards" and or Meridian, idaho then click vote...

super simple and quick...if we win this grant it'd change our business forever!

thanks guys,
ray
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranner View Post
Thanks to Joe, I picked this one up last week. I have only had a chance to ride it once, so I will post my feedback after a few more times on it, but my initial reaction is that it was constructed very well, felt pretty light, and the landings in the flat were pretty soft (and I came from riding a flex board).
soooooo stoked for you buddy! glad to hear you are diggin the board, looking forward to the feedback!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
please guys, if you can take a second to vote for Phalanx it would truly help us out a TON!! it literally only takes 20 seconds to vote, and we would be so grateful for the opportunity to win this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalanxoperations View Post
Since we have a Phalanx thread going, if you could spend 20 seconds and go vote for us to qualify to win 250k grant from Chase & Living social. Today June 29th is the last day to vote.

go to: https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com

Login with Facebook Search "Phalanx wakeboards" and or Meridian, idaho then click vote...

super simple and quick...if we win this grant it'd change our business forever!

thanks guys,
ray
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-18-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
wanted to re-up this thread, we are going to have the next shipment of boards soon. anyone that is looking to demo one, please let me know. we are having a demo day on Aug 4th at Lake Anna in VA, and hopefully more to come. Look for a trip to Hexagon Cable soon!
Old    9Drozd            07-18-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey Joe, are there going to be any TW boards? How does the CW pop off the wake compared to the TW boards.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2012, 4:32 AM Reply   
as of right now we have pushed back the release of the TW series boards to focus on getting the CW,PRK,and CFR boards dialed in and available. unfortunately I have only ridden the continuous rocker boards, so I can only speak for those. the CW does not give you that straight up pop that a 3 stage would, but its super consistent pop and i have never had an issue with height! i was riding behind a 2007 Supra 21v last weekend, and I was getting booted pretty good.
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
def a quality product for those interested! I got to ride with joe burbo and a few other WW's this past weekend, big thanks to jamie. Great time on Lake Anna! Im lookin forward to the hexagon trip and flexin' away on the PRK series
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcuwake View Post
def a quality product for those interested! I got to ride with joe burbo and a few other WW's this past weekend, big thanks to jamie. Great time on Lake Anna! Im lookin forward to the hexagon trip and flexin' away on the PRK series
thanks Zach! stoked that you had a chance to come out and shred with us, it was a fun day of riding! im looking forward to Hexagon as well, and getting some pics of you killing it on the PRK board!
Old    9Drozd            07-19-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
Joe thanks for the response. I'll wait for the TW to come out later. I like the straight up wake to wake pop. Thats more suited to my style of riding. They look like super solid boards and Ive been drooling since I first saw one.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-20-2012, 4:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
Joe thanks for the response. I'll wait for the TW to come out later. I like the straight up wake to wake pop. Thats more suited to my style of riding. They look like super solid boards and Ive been drooling since I first saw one.
my pleasure man! as soon as i get any info on a release i will post up on here. thanks for your interest!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-26-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
it looks like we have one TW proto board available for sale. Looking to get $225 shipped for it.... its the 143
Old     (jdb11386)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-26-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
Im interested in getting that board. I sent you a PM.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-26-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
PMd you back man!
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-10-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys I hope to be on here more often but I have been pretty busy at the Pro Shop and trying to ride too. Joe has been doing a killer job helping everyone out and answering all your questions in regards to Phalanx. Things are plugging away and there are some new things coming for the future. We are stoked. Anyways, here is a quick edit I made from yesterday. I have been riding my CW at the cable and its been pretty rad. I had the PRK 145 for a while but my overseas distributors are wanting all my product and samples so we have sent most of them away. The board kicks butt on the kickers and may be a little stiff for rails but is still super smooth. If you guys have any questions hit up Joe or myself.

Cheers-

Tarek Richey

from Tarek Richey on Vimeo.

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-11-2012, 6:31 AM Reply   
nice edit Tarek! man, you have been shredding a ton this summer.

i am definitely stoked on what we have in the works, hopefully we will have info for you guys soon!!! And a huge thanks to everyone that has supported us, its truly appreciated and we look forward to bringing you more sick gear. Like Tarek said, if you have any questions please dont hesitate to let us know. I try and get back to everyone as quickly as possible. Happy shredding!!!
Old     (RAllison)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-11-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
That is one sick looking board!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-11-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
Still lovin my CW!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-13-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
Still lovin my CW!
i am envious of your collection man, you have some sick boards in the stable!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-13-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
i am envious of your collection man, you have some sick boards in the stable!
Thanks Joe! The hardest part is deciding what to ride.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-14-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
Thanks Joe! The hardest part is deciding what to ride.
i hear you man. thats a tough call.....
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-18-2012, 2:07 AM Reply   
Rail Short

The CW kills it on rails even for the stiffest board in the lineup

from Tarek Richey on Vimeo.