Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-03-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
I may have asked this last year, but who rides in Texas? I notice most of you are from FL.

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
You know I have a crew of women West of Austin that are riders! Thinking we will hit that area for Memorial Day!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-04-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
I would love to join ya'll (to ride or just watch) then!!!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-05-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
We ride at Granbury, and Possum Kingdom a lot. My wife and I and daughter + whoever else wants to join.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-05-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Where is that?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-05-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Audrey - Possum Kingdom is West of Ft. Worth. It's a nice lake, but you have to know it well to find good water.

We will let you know our travel plans for Memorial Day if you want to come down and ride a day with us!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-06-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
Granbury, and Possum Kingdom are west of Ft. Worth. Both fed by the Brazos River. Granbury is more south. 20 mins or so from Benbrook.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-06-2010, 5:04 AM Reply   
Kat, for sure!

Thanks Bret!
Old     (texmexboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
We mainly ride at Bardwell. Its about 45 minutes south of Dallas in Ennis. We also go to PK and Whitney (near Hillsboro) a couple of times a year.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-08-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
Ok, Audrey...put your money where your mouth is! ;-D We will be there Friday thru Monday of Memorial Day. Which day are you coming down to ride with us?
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-12-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'll be wakeboarding myself that weekend, but I would love to come on actual Memorial Day! My boyfriend said he'll film ya'll if he can come LOL
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
Hmmm...Monday might be tough since we fly out early afternoon. Maybe we could meet on Lake Austin early am and make it happen. I'll get back to you!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-17-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
Audrey, I responded to your post on another forum but I pull my friend Kayla on Lake Belton on Sundays and Mondays. She wakeboards and wakeskates plus lives on the lake so I just pull up to her cove and she can swim out to my boat. I have an '08 Moomba XLV with 2600lbs of ballast and never have a crowd on my boat so I can give you and your significant other a pull if you want. I'm new to wakeboarding and surfing but I like chillin with new, respectful people. Not alot of true wakeboats on Belton lake so if you see a blue/orange/white Moomba XLV, that's me. Send me a PM if you want.

Last edited by you_da_man; 04-17-2010 at 6:12 PM.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
Audrey, I responded to your post on another forum but I pull my friend Kayla on Lake Belton on Sundays and Mondays. She wakeboards and wakeskates plus lives on the lake so I just pull up to her cove and she can swim out to my boat. I have an '08 Moomba XLV with 2600lbs of ballast and never have a crowd on my boat so I can give you and your significant other a pull if you want. I'm new to wakeboarding and surfing but I like chillin with new, respectful people. Not alot of true wakeboats on Belton lake so if you see a blue/orange/white Moomba XLV, that's me. Send me a PM if you want.
Hey! We got a Moomba too! 03' Yellow Moomba LSV and even though we don't need a pull, me and my boyfriend would love to ride with more "wakeboarders". We love the sports so much and we want to find others that love it too. Maybe Kayla can give us some pointers LOL! We normally wakeboard Saturday and Sundays (except this weekend). We usually put in at Rogers Park. Where exactly do ya'll ride? Have you ever seen us out there.

You can email me SunsetOrangeTa@hotmail.com, but I'll PM you.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-18-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
I'm sure I'll run into you guys and if I see you guys floating I'll pull up. I only put in at two ramps, Franks Marina and Rogers Park, although Roger's Park has the worst parking lot. Since in the summer in Texas the wind blows from the south those two ramps are completely protected making launching/recovery easy and the boat isn't bobbing up and down against the courtesy dock. I'm a complete newbie but learn good techinque pretty quick. Next year I plan on doing a wakeboard camp in Austin once I get wake to wake and maybe 180/360's down. I also have two surf boards. I believe I've sent your boyfriend/hubby a PM a couple times from the Moomba forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find each other since there aren't but a few Moomba's out there plus we both have unique colors. I've only had my boat since the very end of Sept and been out 5 times in it before winter. We went out last weekend and water was at 62 but we braved it.

Last edited by you_da_man; 04-18-2010 at 6:53 PM.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I'm sure I'll run into you guys and if I see you guys floating I'll pull up. I only put in at two ramps, Franks Marina and Rogers Park, although Roger's Park has the worst parking lot. Since in the summer in Texas the wind blows from the south those two ramps are completely protected making launching/recovery easy and the boat isn't bobbing up and down against the courtesy dock. I'm a complete newbie but learn good techinque pretty quick. Next year I plan on doing a wakeboard camp in Austin once I get wake to wake and maybe 180/360's down. I also have two surf boards. I believe I've sent your boyfriend/hubby a PM a couple times from the Moomba forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find each other since there aren't but a few Moomba's out there plus we both have unique colors. I've only had my boat since the very end of Sept and been out 5 times in it before winter. We went out last weekend and water was at 62 but we braved it.
We had been wearing a dry suit since I hate cold water, but I think it's time for the wet suit now. I went down the Frio River and it wasn't too bad, so I think I can handle Belton now!

Sent you PM/email
Old     (sarah_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
How's the water in Possum Kingdom? I want to take a trip down there because i ride at Lake Worth and sometimes Lewisville, but the water is nasty...
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Sarah - I think you will get a lot more information on PK at www.dallaswakeboarding.com. I haven't been there in a few years, but the weekends were pretty trashed with rollers after 10am. I'm sure someone that knows the lake well is aware of water that is a bit more protected from the wind/waves.
Old    chicabrava            09-14-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
i ride out at lake lavon......are you anywhere near there?
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-14-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
I think Lake Lavon is near Fort Worth and Belton Lake is about 2 1/2 hours from Fort Worth/Dallas. So, we are not too far from each other!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
lake lavon is in wylie it's east of dallas.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-14-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
well I was kinda of close LOL