Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-10-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
i have a 2001 SAN v drive 210. im considering upgrading to a '07 210 or an '06 220. what can i expect wake wise in difference b/t the 3 boats?? for the record i love the steepness/narrowness of my 210. i just want a newer boat..........
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-10-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Slight smaller stock, but remains a very weight-friendly boat.

Less trough immediately outside the wakes.

Less peaky.

Less susceptible to uneven wakes based on side-to-side weight distribution (within reason of course).

You'll lose *some* of that steepness but gain in other ways. There are major trade offs being exchanged with the old 210 vs new 210, and it winds up being a matter of preference. You can probably search and find a better explanation about this, but this is what I know.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on April 10, 2008)
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-10-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Erik pretty much covers what I have read about the differences in the wake. I have not been behind a new 210 or 220. I am going to be going out behind a 230 tomorrow. I am very curious as to what the wake will be like on it. I am with you on the old 210 wake. I had an 03 that sold last year and the wake was awesome.

(Message edited by whitlecj on April 10, 2008)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-10-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/565868.html?1207772268
Old    K.B.C.            04-10-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
just keep it
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-10-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
The new 210 wake is a little smaller stock and still has a good amount of vert to it. The wake is fantastic with about 1000 extra pounds in there and the overall features and room in the boat is better 10 fold. I like the hydro gate cause even when heavily weighted the boat still gets on plane fast and then you can drop it down and the wake peaks up even more. The 220 is more weight sensitive from side to side and the wake is a little bit wider than the new 210. Overall the wakes are very similar between the two. The trough is a lot less noticeable behind both boats and the wakes are a bit more rampy which makes for smoother landings. I have also riddin the 230 and that thing is a beast. The wake on it is just fat and kinda soft. There is still plenty of lip on it and you are better off riding at a higher boat speed cause the wake is a little wider. I really liked the softness of the wake cause it would still boot you but it was a pleasure to land on and since the wakes were wider, the tricks that I usually take in the flats were wake 2 wake and still big, just smoother.

I am pretty familiar with all the Nautiques, I ride behind my sport nautique a lot and my buddies 02' 210 quite a bit as well. So I do like the narrow wakes that have a lot of vert to them cause that is what I am used to. I also get to play with the new Nautiques a lot cause my dealership has demo days often and I will usually drive for them and help give clinics. If you have any more questions about the new Nautiques let me know and I will try to answer them. Most of my opinions on the wakes are based on them being weighted with more than just stock ballast. We always get on the new boats and fill the stock and cruise to check out the wake, and then we are like ehh, it's nice but lets see what it looks like with a coulple g's in it.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-10-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
I might be wrong here...but I thought the hydrogate was on the 06 220 but not on the 210 until 08.

If you like the wake on your 01, I say keep it. Maybe do some work on it and add some extras or something to make it feel newer. Maybe even a wrap o new paint job. Bc the wake on it is not like the 06 220 or the 07 210 at all. your only other option as far as a "new" boat if you want the same wake is getting an 06 210, which is basically your boat now. so that's why my vote would be to save that money and use it to customize your current ride!
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-10-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
thanks for the help. so they changed the 210 hull in 07?? so the 06 210 would be the same wake?
Old    K.B.C.            04-10-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
^^^correct, 06 was the last year for the original 210 hull