Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-10-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
anyone know?? been a huge LF fan since I was a kid went from the HO skurfer to a blindside dv8 to a LF trip and havent switched companies ever since. Every company rocks in its own way Just wanted to get some history on the company I ride the most.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
tony finn is credited for the skurfer, but apparently, there's another guy that made the first skurfer w/ finn but doesn't get the credit. i think his name is mark something. that's the word on the street anyway.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
The first LF board was the free. I have the first LF catalog, so if you want me to scan it for you just let me know.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
I have one of the first boards out of the press. It has tie-dye bottom graphics on top and bottom. free 135

Maybe I should put it on Ebay
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-11-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
I had the free 135. cool board. mine was black, but looked green in different light. had a weird bluish bottom. gave it to my nephew. wish I still had it.
Old     (jimmy_r)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
The first LF board was the FREE 135.
I shaped it before the 95 Worlds, and Gregg Necrason won Jr. Mens on the board after riding it the afternoon before the event. We made the board in every color we could find at the fabric store 2 nights before the Worlds, screen printed the logos on the sheets, pressed the boards, and flew to Orlando.
It was a great start and a lot of fun that is still going on now.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
my sons learned to ride on a Squirt in the mid 90's. they're now 17 and 20 and every once in a while they break that board out, ride it, and I swear they can do everything on that board as well as they can on the Byerly they ride now... (think of all the money I could have saved over the years)
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
EDDIE !!!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
I guess thats testimony to you Jimmy!