Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    zboomer            07-28-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
Check out the preview of the '05 24-foot SSV at http://www.supraboats.com/launch24ssv-preview.html

I don't need a boat this big, but looks sweet. I was wondering if it was based on the Mobius XLV hull, but doesn't appear so. It has a heavy cathedral hull, similar to the smaller SSV, just bigger. I think that's a rear-facing seat behind the driver? I wonder if it will do stadium seating, like the current SSV?

The back end appears to have the wakeplate integrated in, up under the back near the rudder?

Anyway, another option for the bigger-boat crowd.
Old    mikep            07-28-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
I really like the backwards facing seat on the drivers side. Very cool.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-28-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
i would bet that the rear facing seat swivels/moves so that it sits flush with the gunnel to open up the interior, also...
Old    ilovetrains            07-28-2004, 10:22 AM Reply   
It is hard to tell, but the hull looks really deep. The interior looks about the same as the Mobius XLV, which makes sense since same company and roughly same size boat. What will set the Supra apart?
Old    zboomer            07-28-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
Well, the differences between Moomba and Supra is basically level of trim out (seats, gauges, interior gear, etc.), gel-coat colors, EFI engine, and more standard options.

I'd guess that will hold true.

Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-29-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
The link now lists some dimension and specs. 24' long with 102" beam would set it apart from any other Supra or Moomba.
Old    zboomer            07-30-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
Comparing the side view of the 24' SSV and Mobius XLV, it looks like they added a foot to the back of the boat, behind the rudder. On the XLV the rudder is right at the back of the boat, but on the 24-SSV it's further up under, as is the wake plate.

It would be very hard to reach the prop with your feet hanging on the back platform. It's way under there.

It's also 4" wider though as you said, so although similar, it's obviously not the same mold as the XLV.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2004, 6:28 AM Reply   
Looks like it has an extra storage locker aft of the engine compartment?
Old    ilovetrains            07-30-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
the link has disapeered!?
Old    zboomer            07-30-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Interesting, was there this morning, now it's toast. No more mention on the homepage either.

Hmmm...
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-30-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Sorry Guys. That was a classic "oops". That was set to go up on our website in conjunction with the unveiling of the 24SSV at our dealer meeting on August 29th. Someone screwed up. No names mentioned...Jay...

Rick
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
too late...i would have liked to see it
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-30-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
Rick,

Slick looking boat. I will have questions come September since I'm assuming you wouldn't want to talk about it before August 29th.

By the way Thanks, Jay.

Scooby