Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-26-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
What a Bunch of CRAP.

These were the headlines of local news reports. Talk about stretching the truth. King city police (a community filled with migrant field workers) are accused of targeting UN LICENSED Latino drivers.

Here is the pre-story. Illegal aliens here in California are not allowed to get a California Drivers license. With out a license your not allowed to get insurance or register your car. So you can bet if you get hit by a Latino guy (in certain parts of california) driving with out a license he doesn't have insurance and you know what happens from this point.

Cops out here have been instructed to Impound the cars of drivers with out a license and insurance. (this makes seance to me)

Well the Un licensed Latino community know's the game and they for the most part Don't buy expensive car's because they know they can get Impounded and fees can quickly add up. For them it's a gamble they buy a cheep car's and if it gets impounded O well on to the next. Its a constant Cat and Mouse game. Well I guess the King City police department is Now accused of making a profit from this practice.

NOW I don't know all the details But I just thought the Headline was Very Misleading.

My thoughts are this. If you entered this country illegally that dosent give you the right to Drive.
I think removing illegal drivers from our roads is the Police's Job and just because you fit the profile don't cry racial profiling and suddenly your labeled "disadvantaged" how about calling a duck a duck. something like this "Illegal aliens driving illegally in California get there cars impounded"

http://www.montereyherald.com/news/c...icers-arrested