Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-09-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
I need to replace 4 6.5" inch tower canister speakers. Anyone have any recommendations, price doesn't matter. Oh they need to be mounted coaxial style.
Old     (seankey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-10-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
Get the memphis 6.5" coaxials. I have 4 on my tower, and they absolutely rock. For the price, I doubt there is a better speaker out there. I can hear them at 80' back like I am in the boat.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
IF they will fit in your cans, get the wetsounds co-axials. You wont' find a speaker of that size that can handle more power.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
Lightning Accessories (http://www.lightningaccessories.com/) The speakers are Arc Audio 6000 that are marine grade and awesome. Not to mention the customer support is great to. :-)
Old     (moomba55)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
I am for the memphis speakers also. I have four of them on my tower and like Sean said they rock!
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-10-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
Bullet sells the Hollow Point 650 in a speaker only kit. This will get you HLCDs up on the tower without buying new cans. You will not only hear them at 80ft but hear them loud and clear.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
They are made in China. :-( Buy american.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-10-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
David,
which ones are not made in China?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Bullet's from my understanding...

http://www.bulletspeakers.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2&option=co m_virtuemart&Itemid=1

The hollow points. :-)

I already know that NVS's, Arc Audio, and Wetsounds are US made!!!!!

(Message edited by dabell on April 11, 2008)
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-11-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
David - In the entire 12volt audio industry there are very few manufactures that have products that are 100% American made. Most of the tower speaker companies that are mentioned on this board use China made speakers and American made enclosures and hardware. The better of the companies are assembled in the US.

The two companies that I know are very committed to having American made products is Boston Acoustics and JL Audio. I'm not saying that these are the only ones but they are the two that I am the most familiar with and interact with every day. JL has an amazing facility in Florida but even their newest speakers were designed in Florida but are built in Germany. Boston also has a huge facility but the few speakers that are not built in the US are built using equipment that was set up and calibrated in the US. I'm sure that there are other companies that are similar but my point is that a big percentage of stereo equipment is not made in the US.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
Ben,

Thanks for your honesty. I am not bashing anyone or anything. I think we all need to make an effort to purchase products that are American Made and manufactured here in the USA over the products that come from outside the country at this time. Making this commitment will help the situation that the US is currently in.

David B.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Okay, I said a statement that was bold.

"I already know that NVS's, Arc Audio, and Wetsounds are US made!!!!!"

Am I wrong about that?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-11-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
David - I agree with keeping $s in the states but in order to do that in the audio industry you will limit your options. I am referring to being 100% American made. All of the mentioned companies are located in the US but use a mixture of items made in America and made elsewhere. I'm not 100% sure on the origin of the NVS midrange and HLCD but I believe they are not manufactured in America.

I'm sorry I may have opened a can of worms and let people down on the "Made in America" truth. There is a difference in "100% American Made" and "Assembled in America (with all overseas parts or a mix)." I think that with any of the tower speaker lines that you will be supporting an American based company compared to other overseas based companies with American warehouses.