Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-16-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Anyone have any tricks to running wires through a tower? I have a Sirius Antenna wire that need to go through there and then under the dash. It is a Supra 21V with a Rad A Cage Tower.

Already has wires running through the tower for tower speakers and lights.

Is it worth having someone else do this that is more experienced and averting the headache or is this a reasonable task for a non-stereo installer?

Thanks in advance.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-17-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
I ran th wire through my tower and I always seem to screw things up the first time but not on this one.

First get some light string thread etc. Tie a cotton ball to one end. Shove the cotton ball in one hole at one end of the tower. Then Take a vaccum preferably a shop vac becasue of the power and place it at the other ond of the tower, or wherever the other hole is. Turn it on and here comes the cotton ball. Make sure that someone is there to help you by feeding the string into the hole while you a maning the vaccum.

After the string is through I taped the sting to a piece of stronger thin nylon rope and fed that through. Then I attached the wire that I pulled to the nylon rope. The reaon I did this is I did not want the friction from the rubber coated wire to casue the string to snap and then have to start all over again. Any question please let me know.

Preston
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-17-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Preston has good advice there, that is a very easy way to get it done. I also use coat hangers tied together if the string is getting hung up inside the tubing.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
Cotton ball, or cut out a 2"X2" piece from a plastic grocery bag. It's thinner, lighter and won't get caught up like a cotton ball. The shop vac will thread it through in 1-2 seconds.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-18-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
I used Dental Floss for the string attached to the cotton ball. The floss has a lot of tensile strength, and pulled the wires fine.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-18-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
I used some metal safety wire. Really easy to make turns and fish through the tower, IMO.
Old     (tim20man)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-18-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
i have a 8 wire harness all in one shielding so i am wondering how to split the wires up to my four speakers .do i drill one hole at the top of the tower or 4 holes. thanks
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-19-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I would go with 2 holes or one for each set of speakers. I would put the holes in the center of each pair so the wiring going to them is evenly distributed.