Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-07-2006, 5:36 AM Reply   
Our boating season winds down here in late summer....trying to figure out if an 07 boat (probably a Malibu) will be less expensive at the end of the season or at the 07 boat show in Feb/Mar 07. Anyone have any ideas?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
you will most likely get your best deals at the boat show as most manufacturers offer extra incentives on top of any deal you get from the dealer!
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
you will most likely get your best deals at the end of the season as most manufacuterers offer extra incentives to take a boat left over on their lot.

I'd target 20% off MSRP at the end of the season

1 vote boat show - 1 vote end of season
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
that is true if you are looking for a leftover 2006, but a new 2007 you will not be able to get that kind of deal!
Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-07-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
I'm definitely thinking an 07 - the dealers here don't have any 06 inventory left. So my question was geared towards an 07 boat for sure.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
I think Malibu did really well this year. You might have trouble finding a leftover 06, especially if you are want to be picky about options and colors. I would think that you would get a better deal on a leftover if you can find what you want, or an even better deal on a used 06 that people will start trading in for 07s
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
You MIGHT get lucky enough to order an 07' right now and still get 06' pricing. I know I ordered my 06' Tige this time last year expecting to order an 05'. It just happened that the 06's were already in production. The 06's hadn't yet been hit with price increases yet though. So now my boat is worth a couple grand more than when I bought it :-)