Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (hkysk8r187)      Join Date: May 2004       05-19-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Right now on my boat I have this sort of tripod type thing that sits just above the outboard motor. It's probably about 3 feet above the water level and it seems to be working pretty good for wakeboarding. I'm fairly new to wakeboarding and I can jump the wake now (still tryinf to master the spins). Anyhow, I've been looking into getting a tower or pole. How much different do they actually make? Like I said what I'm using now sits maybe 3 feet above the water so will the extra height from a tower or pole make a big difference to me? Thanks guys.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-19-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
once you ride behind a boat with a tower you'll be able to feel a difference... Without a tower i can feel the rope pulling me down when i try to jump. The tower pulls you up. THat makes a big difference when riding and when you start trying tricks
Old     (hkysk8r187)      Join Date: May 2004       05-19-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of what I'm using now...
picture of what I have now
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-19-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
a tower will make a big difference
Old    afxsguy            05-19-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
there is a big difference. i dont remember a huge difference going up to the skylon... but i know there was a huge difference. i just wasnt jumping really at that point.

now that im jumping higher and learning new tricks, whenever i board behind a boat with a small tripod. i feel a lot of pressure pulling me down. i think i can get almost as high behind a short tripod, but it feels like i am in the air for half the amount of time. hang time is key for doing bigger tricks, so if u can, get a tower or skylon.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-19-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
The difference is like the difference between plain vanilla ice cream and a hot fudge sunday.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-19-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
tower will help out a lot, the rope will be up high so there will be no downward pull.