Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    caliwakeboarder            05-11-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
Has it been windy up there lately? We are thinking of riding there this weekend. stockton area.... Thanks
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2004, 8:01 AM Reply   
It was really windy up there yesterday, today seemed better, but the afternoon is when it really picks up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
The cali wind has been terrible. Hope it dies soon
Old     (w8kbrd)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
We were at Disco. Bay on saturday and it was calm in the morning but as the day went on the wind picked up. When we left at 4 o'clock it was relly windy. Were going to try New Melones this weekend.
Old     (69flyguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Was out last Saturday...no boarding/blown out. Ended up just going for a long cruise (all day). Disco Joe's for breakfast/Lost Isle for lunch...finished the day at Ski Beach. But hey, it beats sitting at home washing/waxing the car :-)
Old    leggester            05-11-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
"No boarding/blown out" and still went for a cruise????

Man, that ain't no wind then. When we get a wind, we have 2' chop with caps - ain't no cruising either.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Dave, You should check out Hogan's this weekend. We've got a huge group going up. It's going to be a great time.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-11-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
It is typical for the wind to come up in the afternoon on the Delta, usually starting about 1:00 PM. If you ride before that you can usually get calm conditions.

In general, the spring time is the windiest season. September through November can be very calm.

The conditions today won't help predict what tomorrow will be like. Unfortunately, the local weather reports focus on the clouds and chance of rain (usually none) and rarely mention wind conditions unless the winds are expected to be extreamly high. You can get a marine forcast for the coastal areas but they may not reflect what the conditions inland will be.

What I like the most about the delta is that no matter how hard the wind is blowing you can always find a spot that has calm water. You may have to contend with every other boat on the delta that has congregrated there but there will be smooth water.

Rod
Old    shannon            05-11-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
When will this wind madness stop!!
Old     (69flyguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
everybody flaked on us...no third
still better than working on the car
Old     (w8kbrd)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-11-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
J-Rod, I know I read a few of your guys threads about it, it sounds like fun. I will have to talk to everyone else and see what they want to do.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-11-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
spring time... always windy... hit and miss at the delta...
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-11-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
Went out saturday evening and boarded from 5-8. Found good water and had a blast. The wind does suck though. Kinda limits where you can ride.

(Message edited by ridn9high on May 11, 2004)
Old    norcal_99            05-11-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
It's really windy here in San Jose too. It blew my back yard fence down today.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-12-2004, 1:54 AM Reply   
DAVE the wedding is on Sunday....so no chocolate fest. for us. But if I get the boat back and can find some folks up for a day trip maybe I can make it to melones. But first gotta get the boat back....... Jeff
Old     (w8kbrd)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Jeff, just give me a call when you decide what you are going to do. Hope you can make it up there.....Dave
P.S. we are supposed to go to a wedding on friday night but we are skipping it to go up boarding on friday afternoon.