Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-21-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
I am looking at getting a new vest, and was wondering if anyone could give me any input or personal experience on the O'neill Revenge and Law USCG, or the Helium Voodoo/Van Helium USCG vests, or any pros and cons in regards to some of the features of these vests.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-21-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
i have the law, it is SOOO comfortable, it doesnt even feel like your wearing one. it doesnt ride up EVER and it is extremely buoyant, when this one wears out, im pretty sure ill get another
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Dude get the 2009 quicksilver ignite vest in rasta colors!! It is a side zipper entry with a buckle at the bottom. Its Non-CGA yet im 180lbs and it floats me really well. It helps with impacts and it does not ride up around your neck when you fall!!! Have to say its the sickest vest and the colors can't be beat haha
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2009, 5:33 AM Reply   
any approved helium swat. ultra-thin like a non-approved, lightweight, drains quick if it gets any water in it.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
I ride the comp revenge. The best jacket hands down. Never moves. Does not float up.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-22-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
I ride the USCG Revenge vest. Fits very well. It has a new technology called sliced foam. They basically slice up the foam inside the vest into little squares. This allows the foam to really conform to your body.

I like that the straps are hidden inside the vest. It's also longer than any other vest I've ever worn.... no belley hanging out. My only criticism of the vest is that it's a little heavy, especially when wet. It drains, but it drains a little on the slow side.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-22-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
I ride for Helium. I dont ride any of the USGCA vest altough I have a few for the Jetski and what not. They are SUPER comforable especially the 2008-09 stuff with the fleece liner. The Non-USCA are super comfortable.