Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have a 6yr old son that loves wakeboarding. Every morning before school he will watch a video while eating breakfast. His newest DVD is Relentless, and it has opened a new door for him. He now thinks Melissa Marquardt is the greatest thing to happen to wakeboarding. I will admit for a female rider she is good, but I think she like more than just her style.

Anyone know where or how I could get an autographed photo of her for Christmas? Maybe something addressed to him?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
Well, I know a few people who know her, and if they don't respond to the thread, I will get to um!

Melissa is a great rider with lots of style and talent. Spinning thoes 5's bolth ways man. Rockin.

Have a good one.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-15-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
so you're pulling the old "i got a 6yr old son" trick just to get a pick of the lovely lady. thats just sick.

j/k
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
toolfan ~ don't be mad cause he thought of it b4 you. Good one Jamie
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Toolfan – I will be the first to admit I’m a married old man. I will even let you know my wife wears the pants, and that is fine with me as long as she lets me get in them once in a while. At 31 with a wife and kid my photo collection is of old memories, not dreams of another woman.

But I will give her props for her riding style and skills on a wakeskate.

(Message edited by jamie lamar on November 15, 2004)
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
But you're only 31, that's hardly old!!
Old     (wallaced)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-15-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Jamie,

I just happened to be on Wakeworld today and saw your post.

Melissa will be stoked to know your son's a fan!

We’re glad to know that Relentless is your son’s favorite! He has good taste in picking Melissa, too.

What is your address? We can definitely get Melissa to sign something for your son.

I tried to send you a direct email, but it bounced back.

Shoot me your address and we’ll make it happen.

My email is donw@liquidforce.com.

Melissa’s in Hawaii for the US Open right now, but she’ll be back this week.

Thanks,

Don Wallace
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
Don- Check your e-mail.

Old    parks143dna03            11-15-2004, 11:17 PM Reply   
well hey, if your handing them out... i'll take one
haha
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-16-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
Im just kidding dude.

That's awesome that your boy is into wakeboarding. To make things better, he digs a chick rider. Right On!

I was just pickin'. Sarcasm doesnt work in print. I forgot the emoticon denoting sarcasm.

I also dig MM for the record!!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-16-2004, 10:22 AM Reply   
Hi Jamie, I live in Canyon Lake and was going to post to help you but I see that Don has it well handled for you. Where do you live?? We have an awesome series of wakeboard contests that melissa comes out for. You are more than welcome to bring your son and we could get him in the boat to watch her ride.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey TV,

Wanna get me in that boat, as well

Just kidding.

How are the boys? Still rippin? Have a good one.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-16-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Toolfan- I took it with a smile!!! I really thought it was funny and once I thought about it I knew what it looked like. Not sure if you’re a dad or not, but at this time in my life it’s all about the little one.

I’ve noticed one thing about kids, they are always smiling and somewhere there is a parent smiling just as much. Told my wife about all this and she was just so tickled about it. Can wait to see his face and give him a hard time about his little crush.

TeamValdez- Thanks for the invite. We live in the Kansas City area, but do a lot of traveling during the summer. E-Mail me some info.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
You gatta spice it up Don.

Have her sign it,

Dear Suchandsuch,
Keep on rippin!
Love, Melissa

I'd love to see the look on his face when you hand him the signed picture Jamie

Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-16-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
I will try to get it on tape so I can down load it on the pc and post it for all to see.