Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (gondaste)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I just purchased an 04 Supra GG edition and I need help because the owner lost the manual and the dealer in my area sucks!!!
1. Has anyone ever replaced or been able to work on the MB Quart Tower Speakers? I want to take the covers off and repaint the black grilles but it seems impossible and i don' twant to damage them. Anyone??????
2. The previous owner never used the Sirius Satellite Radio option, but the Stereo is Sirius ready. Does anyone know exactly what i need or don't need to purcahse to activate the Satellite Radio with this system?

Help would be appreciated!!!!!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-14-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
First of all here is a link to owners manual
http://www.supraboats.com/library/downloads/SupraOwners_2004.pdf

Question 1. - They just pop out
Question 2. - You need SIR-KEN1 from best buy $99 comes with everything you need.
Old     (gondaste)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Thanks! I was talking about the stereo owners manual which actually came in the mail today.

The speakers are not just popping out. My problem is i do not want to break them and nothing is coming super easy here. Should the front black covers surrounding the grille come out, or should it be from the back of the chrome tube where the 4 screws are?
Old     (evansw6)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-15-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have the same speakers on my 04 Supra Launch 21 and the covers started to rust. I used a soft scrub brush but that took off the rust and some of the black paint so I don't recommend that method.

Hopefully someone can chime in and let us know how to get those off.
Old     (gondaste)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-21-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
Well, I figured it out. You need to take either a very fine knife or super thin screwdriver, and you have two options. either put that between the actual grille and the outer plastic ring and pop it out, or, take like a fish hook or something small with a curve on the end...put it through one of the grille holes and pull slowly.

they did pop right out, you just have to know what you are popping.