Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
I know this isn't the best video but its the only video I have of me riding.

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-prn...aff42bda5f6a5a

Not sure how to save from Facebook. Sorry
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Hard to see your technique, if you're having fun, who cares.

However -

Critique time, noticed your driver was starting to do a power turn and was going to burn a lot of gas for naught.
Why'd you let go?
Holding a consistent speed???
Tell him/her to drive straight!

Also do you need help setting the weight up in your boat? Wake looked washy, all things we can help you with
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2012, 6:57 PM Reply   
Wasn't my boat, supposed to get my new boat on Tuesday finally! Lol

I noticed he would turn slowly to make the wake cleanup on the side the rider was on, not sure how the weight was setup but the wake was a little what hen u drive straight. As for letting go, that was my last ride for day and I was worn out.

It didn't seem like I was getting far enough outside the wake to me. And I'm assuming not edging hard enough back in the wake to get w2w. Wish it was a little closer view. Rope was at 65' and boat at 22mph
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-30-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
I noticed he was turning a bit to get the wake clean on the side you were approaching as well. This will help clean up the wake, but will also make it a lot harder to cut far outside the wake. Looks like a go pro camera so its hard to see, but the wake is wide where you are riding. Are you sure its 22, and if it is accurate, that wake is way too washy for that speed. Is it a big (24+) boat or does it have a lot of ballast in it? Dump the ballast or speed up, and bring your rope in 5 feet.

You are getting a boat this week so its all mute now, but take these pointers with you on your boat. Post pictures of your new tow.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
It's a 21ft centurion. I just asked him on text. He has 2-250lb bags in bow, stock center ballast, and a 400lb bag in each corner. He has perfect pass but I'm not sure how accurate it is. All pointers ill use as you said. The wake is defiantly not as clean as my old x1(which I rode at 19mph)

New boat is a MB 23 so ill be playing with it soon.

What is a good length to start out on ripe length. I've always read 65-70 feet
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
How long was your run?

You should stick to 65 or 70 feet like you said and if you aren't going wake to wake, start out with less ballast/no ballast... Get your body used to riding and strong before you start hitting a big huge wake and potentially getting bucked

Big air follows technique
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Most runs were maybe 3-4 minutes. But I had prob 20. I crash a lot as I'm still learning and trying to get better. I've always surfed but decided I wanted to get better on the wakeboard. I will be stoked just to go w2w
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
Yea I wouldn't even bother with weight right off and keep the rope 60-65 ft to start, 21-22mph should be good