Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-24-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
I want to get a new set of bindings this year. I've got Hyperlite Foundations right now and was planning on stepping up to the Proofs. But due to lack of reviews, and picking up the new Murray's at the latest boat show, I'm thinking about going with something else. Then I caught eye of the 08 Byerly bindings. They look VERY similar to the Murray's and I like the red, black, and white colors better. What's the deal? Are they a comparable boot? They look to be in the same price range, is one better than the other?
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-25-2008, 3:53 AM Reply   
they are both made by hyperlite if im correct (i could be wrong) but they are the same boot pretty much. the murray has a 3 piece tounge and a ankle velcro strap and ankle supports in them that you can change out. the byerly boots are a little cleaner with our the velcro straps. in the byerly you dont get the ankle supports in them but the have a tounge stiifener in then that would prob. realy help with edging. you cant go wrong with either one.

i have last years murrays and im on my third set of them within 8 months so i decided to look at the byerly boots but after checking them out at our boat show im gonna go with the new white murrays !!
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-25-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Got the white Murray's....ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. I was riding the cells last year...but in comparison...these are the best. tired the shanes, gator and watson closed toes...But i truly love the Murray boot. The byerly does look really sweet...I do agree with that. But I needed the ankle support...so my Murray's fit my style perfectly. And I can Not believe how easy it is to get in and out of these things.....the easiest boot by far on the market IMO. No liners to push or pull inside the boot. Try them and I am sure you will agree.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-25-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
the murray boot is slightly lower cut than the byerly. the byerlys are stiffer front to back with quite a bit of sideways flexibility while the murrays are stiffer side to side and not quite as stiff front to back as the byerlys are. both bindings fit quite a bit differently so i would deffinately recomend trying them both on before buying. the byerlys fit my foot way better and the flex is better suitable for my riding style. i ride a roam so i need alot of stiffness front to back but like to be able to tweak out my grabs.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-25-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
Callen is right as usual but he forgot to mention the removable inserts in each boot. The location of these inserts relate to the forward/side to side flexibility. On the Byerly, I believe its on the tongue and its on the sides of your ankles for the Murray.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-25-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
All I can say is "you got to try the Murray's" These things ride great, great edging...no heel toe lift...really solid locked down. The footbeds you can pull right out. It is the same material as the croc clog things..real spongy and comfy. I have noticed in the wakeboarding mag buyers guide...looks like O'Brien is using the same material on their bindings. Good year for boots and bindings.
Old    sealyon.net            01-26-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
I agree with Scott you have to try the Murray's, they are great boots.