Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-20-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
I my 23 LSV is having starting issues. It has the monsoon in it. The motor will turn over, hit and act like its going to start then die. I just had it out 2 weeks ago. At the ramp it did it a couple if times but it started then ran perfectly fine. Even while we were out I had the engine off a couple of times but it never did it again. Any help?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-20-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
It is also saying service required which could be cause of me winterizinf it myself!!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-22-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
let me know what you find.. I have the indmar ltr which i believe is the same engine as the monsoon. Last year mine would do the same thing when it was first starting but after it warmed up a bit would be fine. I changed the iac out and took it to the mechanic who said it showed a code, although i forget what that was now. Long story short they never figured out what it was after a full day of troubleshooting. I chalked it up to being cold blooded, but i would think a fuel injected engine should stay running.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-22-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
btw my fuel pressure was fine across the rpm range so that eliminated fuel pump and my cylinder compression was as good as brand new as well.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-26-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
with a fuel pump it either works or it doesnt. thats mechanical or electric. i would check my fuel filter. the fact that it only did it a couple times is strange. if its doing it in the beginning maybe there is a possibility that somehow the fuel line is leaking off and its taking it a bit to become liquid full again. on mine engine there is a check valve after the high pressure pump to prevent this.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-26-2013, 3:14 PM Reply   
Another thought, the previous owner may have run ethanol fuel in it..after sitting all winter it may be a little gummed up. I did the winterization myself so the service engine may be a result of that. The day I ran it all gauges were perfect.