Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-24-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2s8Oh4qkmU

The video doesn't do the conditions justice. It dropped several inches of rain on us this day. The trails basically had creeks running through the deep ruts. The soil was sloppy and slippery. Very technical.
Old    bigdtx            12-24-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Pooring?
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-24-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
With those conditions, yeah pooring as in poor, poor me. The camera always makes the terrain look smoother and less steep than it really is. Sick video, that climb at 3:02 looked tough in the slop. Must have been hard to see hauling like that in the rain.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-24-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
oops, yeah I guess I used the wrong word there didn't? lol
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-24-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
i was just telling jarod, why do all our riding videos start with me on my a-- with my bike laying on top of me, LOL!!!! and whats with us and cow mountain? i swear everytime we go there its flooding, hailing, snowing........ now lets get last weeks pismo footy together brotha.

here's what im talking about, again watch how this one starts, hahaha

from Jarrod Ehlers on Vimeo.

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-24-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-25-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Dang man.. super slop fest. Looks like fun. My bike's way too clean right now. Can't wait till Stoney later thismonth.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-29-2010, 4:30 AM Reply   
We went riding last week and camped out that evening. It rained all night (mid 40s) and into the next day so we left and as we were leaving a group showed up and began unloading in a downpour and took off riding. We couldn't figure out why you'd come and ride in a downpour on trails hard to ride while dry. I can somewhat enjoy riding through some mud, but after spending hours to clean it up and $$ to fix what the dirt and grime wore out I try to avoid it. What do you do after riding in the rain and mud? I guess you strip in the parking lot and change? Just not my kind of fun. Guess I'm getting too old.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-29-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
For a day trip, I usually wouldn't go ride if I know its going to pour. On a camping trip, I would just change clothes, climb in the camper and hang out.

I don't mind riding in the rain as long as it's not freezing cold.