Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-21-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Alpine IDA-X100/200/305.

Looking to replace my current 4 year old deck that is now dying....

IPOD interface a must..
Old     (calabriaryder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Have installed a few for friends and in my own ride, sick decks but take a little bit of getting used to. I personally would highly recommend any of them, the full speed ipod controls are great. Just my 2 cents.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-22-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
I have that deck installed in my MB. IPOD controls work full speed as advertised. Great deck!

Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-23-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
Which model is that one?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-24-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
I love the Alpine decks for their iPod integration and ease of use! I just don't care for them in the boat because searching for songs on their "full speed" is distracting and takes time. I love it in my cars but I opted to just use the 3mm jack connection in the boat.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-24-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
That is what I am doing now. But I need to replace the current deck soon. I am open to suggestions..
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-25-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
It's the Alpine IDA-X100.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
got one in my car and love it! The best part is your ipod can be hidden away and in a boat that at least keeps water off of it. If I were to replace my head unit and had the money for a high dollar one, then I would definately put an alpine in the boat
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-26-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm interested in a new head unit for my boat as well. we only use Sirius and IPOD's for music. I think anyone of these models would work great, but I was wondering if they make a wireless remote that can use all the functions for the deck?
Rather than my wife telling me to change the song, she can do it herself with the remote? thanks
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Have the same one works great no real complaints. The only draw back is if you have an older than GEN 5 ipod (i think its 5 might be 4) it will not work, not my issue but sometimes a buddy wants to throw his tunes on with no luck.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-26-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
Yes, it comes with a wireless remote as shown below. There is also a transom remote available.Upload
Upload
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-26-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Not tempted by what Fusion has to offer for iPod?

You chuck the iPod inside it, so its fully protected, then you can independantly control tower speakers, in boats, transoms etc etc.... its a very neat bit of kit.

Google Fusion iP500
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-26-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
This review by CNET (2 stars)and its very through review tells me that Fusion should not even be mentioned...Sorry.

http://reviews.cnet.com/car-cd-changers/fusion-ca-ip500-ipod/4505-6728_7-33387297.html

Crutchfield has the X100 for $119 and X200 for $160 right now, looking to put the X305 in the car.Not sure X100 or X200 for the boat.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       05-26-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
Sorry, I should have been clearer - That's a totally different, far inferior unit (hence the price!).

I was talking about this one:

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/north-and-south-america/marine-audio-2/stereo-units-15/msip500-56-product.aspx

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/Libraries/Fusion%20Gallery/MS-IP500-secondary.sflb

This unit is one I install in almost all customers boats now when they change out their deck. Previosuly we used the Clarion, Kenwood, Sony, Alpine and Pioneer gear but I have since got rid of all that (bar a couple Sony iPod units) and try and stick to this unit exclusively.

One point I would agree with on the review you saw though was the ipod sleeves... I agree that if you have different iPods to use then you will need to select a different sleeve to change over... but to be fair, this takes all of 10 seconds (less time than it takes to take a cd out, put the cd in a case and get a new cd out, remove it from the case and insert the cd)and how often do you guys change iPod when out on the boat? I just have a Boat/car ipod and just carry it between the 2 vehicles.

Hope that clears it up.... If you have any more questions feel free to chuck them at me... I don't represent Fusion, but I am a dealer in the UK so can offer unbiased advice based on my experience.

Mike
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2009, 3:52 AM Reply   
Stupid malibu armrest location keep me from installing anything but a standard size head unit. Perhaps I need to relocate to the glove box.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
the one complaint I have is the deck is installed on the left hand side of the console vice the right.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Alright I got the 200 and tues out on the water I noticed it would start a song all over randomly (the same song at times) when playing with my IPOD. Anybody else have this happen?