Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
I have had this pair of 3ds for about a year and when I was down in orlando last month caught a toe edge and it pulled up the front part of the boot. My question is do you think its worth sending in for warranty or should I just keep riding them because I dont have another pair right now and ive heard it can take awhile to get them back. I busted my pair of Shanes when I was down there to so what have you guys seen for turn around times and do I send them straight to hyperlite or go through a local dealer or what? THANKS! :-)

Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I would send them in and just deal with the wait. Typically takes about 1-2 weeks to turn it around and have the new set. It will be worth it in the long run. However you my end up having to choose a different set of bindings because they no longer make the 3ds. The website says they have 08 model atlas's which are the same boot as the 3ds but they may or may not have your size. Either way its worth the wait to get a new set of boots before the summer hits and you end up having to fork out some cash to buy new ones when they really become unridable
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
cool! So do I like email hyperlite and tell them im sending them or contact them or go to my local pro shop?!?! whats the easiest?
Old    K.B.C.            04-22-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
I actually just sent in a pair of the same bindings about a week and a half ago. HL requires that warranty items be sent in through an authorized dealer. I think they will likely replace those with the Mareks.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-22-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
i'd try the pro shop first. they might just let you take a pair from the shop, and then they'll send the busted pair on to Hyperlite for you.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Call Grizzly-Sports. They have sent back prolly 5 pair of Hype bindings for me and replaced them ASAP. If they have your boot in stock they'll ship it too you immediately. Amazing customer service.... I'd tell them you bought them on their site a year or so ago and don't have a receipt or anything. They'll give you an RA# and you're set.

Once you get them, sell them on Ebay or WW and get some Ronix gear. Hype stuff falls apart :-)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yup, this is a situation where having a good relationship with your local shop is paramount since you want to keep riding. My local shop usually lets me take a pair from the shop so I can keep riding while they wait on a new (warrantied) pair to sell.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
you're all class Luker.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Thanks ;)
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       04-22-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Wow Luker! I surely hope you don't run into any problems next time you do that!

I wouldn't worry about it though because no one from Grizzly or Hype look at this site.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-22-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
I am never on here. Does anyone in the industry check on wake world to see what is going on and what the consumers are saying?

Corey M @ Hyperlite (& right down the road from Grizz)
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
I don't understand why ya'll are butt hurt...No one is getting shafted on that deal. Think about it:

Grizzly simply gets mine and sends it to Hype who sends them new ones... usually the new model BTW. Who has lost anything in the deal except Hype? Grizzly is simply the authorized dealer I use for my returns. I've bought enough from them in the past to know their service is GREAT and therefore I use them to send all my stuff back. It's just typically less of a hassle when they think you bought it from them. They are probably better off anyway because they can unload some 07/08 product to me and Hyperlite will send them 09 stuff.

It's business people.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-22-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Woops!
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-22-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Those are 3DS boots right? I dont know why that would be important, nevermind me.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       04-22-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
Well I didnt want the thread to come to this I was just curious so sorry guys... coincidentally I bought these bindings from grizzly however it was an ebay auction so im not sure if I was covered or not but I know the dude pretty good that sells the Hyperlite stuff locally so I should be ok to go threw him :-) Thanks for the input guys!!!
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-22-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Not a big deal, I just wanted to give Luker a little crap. We have a great warranty policy and I am sure there will be something that we can do for you. You might need a receipt that show you bought them within the last two years though. You can email me and we can talk more about it. Emal me @ coreym@hosports.com

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
call up liquid force and you will get this guy mike with customer service... seriously they will probably tell you to mail them in, do that and two weeks later or less you should have a new pair... in the mean time ride the hyperlites in and then return those when you get the shanes back.... those companies are really good with customer service... i usually dont go throught the board shop purchased at bc they may sit around for a while until they get around to it.
Old    wakejjboard12            04-22-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Anyone have the LF number? I have a pair of boots that need to go back and the number one their site is out of service. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-22-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
I'd suggest going through a Pro Shop. I tried both ways and having my local board shop warranty them out was a lot quicker.

But Hyperlite did send me out a newer pair of my bindings just because it had taken longer than expected.
Old    wakejjboard12            04-22-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Nevermind. Shot Mike @ LF an email an got an extremely fast response. It was a pleasant surprise.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
yeah mike needs a raise out of customer service because any product problems i have ever had he never asks a question and takes care of it right away... one of the main reasons i still by LF products.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
yeah mike needs a raise out of customer service because any product problems i have ever had he never asks a question and takes care of it right away... one of the main reasons i still by LF products.