Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
In my moomba there is a single Simer pump to fill the 2 rear bags. The bags have 4 fill/empty ports each. There is a one on each end of the bag towards the bottom and then one towards each end on the top of the bag. Originally I had the fill/empty line coming out of one of the ports in the top of the bag, but the other day I moved it to one of the ports at the end/bottom of the bag.

Is there any advantages or disadvantages to doing it either way?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-03-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
Using gravity could only help. But your pumps are impeller style: they'll pump air, water, snot and anything in between. So, its not necessary on your system like it would be on an aerator system, could help. If that makes sense...}
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Do they make some sort of o-ring to put in the blue fittings to seal it off real good?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-03-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
I have my fill/empty lines at the bottom of my sacs and the vent lines on top just so it gets the majority of the water out w/o sucking a lot of air
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-03-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
Brett, I always put a little silicone on all of mine just to be safe
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
That is what I was looking for. Montgomery, do you have a particular type of silicone that you use?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-03-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
I use this clear silicone that we use on weatherstrips and stuff like that on cars all it says on the tube is "Motorcraft - Clear Rubber Silicone"
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-03-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Brett, I used plastic 1" hose barbs and a hose clamp for my bags. You push the barb in, clamp it and it works perfect. No worries, no leaks & cheap.........
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-03-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Hey brett you want your line (fills AND drains in one line) at the BOTTOM of the sac for Simer pumps. This way when it drains the pump will suck the least air possible.

It should shrivel it up like a raisin with no help from you. If needed you may need to make one end of the sac a bit higher so it all drains out.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I just grabbed some silicone to help seal the fill/empty fittings.

Last year when I had the lines going into the top of the bag it was really annoying when emptying because you really had to pay attention or the pump would burn up. I think I burned up 2 of them last year.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
You guys have any idea on a front 1000# gravity game bag? It only has one fitting on each end on the top. I do have a one way valve on the overflow line. As long as a fill the bag all the way so there is no air in the bag will it be fine?

Also the fill empty fitting is a metal fitting that is screwed into the bag. It is kind of hard to explain but there is no collar to stop it. You can actually screw it in too far and the fitting would fall into the bag. Should I just use silicone to seal this or some kind of glue/adhesive to hold it and completely seal it off.

(Message edited by polarbill on March 03, 2009)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-03-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
Flip that bag over. Then add an extra port for the vent. Burp it once, you're done...