Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
I live in Central Florida and looking for a hotel on the water for a short vacation. Here in FL there are only a few hotels on the lake (Winter Haven where the water is too low and the St. Johns River). Is there anywhere in South GA or the Carolina's to stay on the water?
Old     (smknsmly)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
The Lakepoint Resort hotel in Eufaula, Al is closed for renovation, but they do have lodges on the water.

http://www.alapark.com/parks/feature.cfm?parkid=18&featureid=32
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. How is Lake Eufaula. Is it good riding? It looks like there is a number of coves/branches off the main lake that you could find smooth water, is that the case?
Old     (smknsmly)      Join Date: May 2007       04-06-2008, 11:43 PM Reply   
Its mostly know for its bass fishing. I do have my favorite creeks but there arent many for good riding. Its usually not too crowded during the summer, once the fisherman and cruising people get off the lake. Also, head south from lakepoint as it has tons of sandbars that you would never see until your beached. And now with the all the rainfall across the southeast, the water is up and full of debri. But that should only last a couple of weeks. Its not too bad...if you decide on here, i can point to the right creeks.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-07-2008, 5:14 AM Reply   
It might be a little farther than you want to drive and is probably more than you want to spend but the ultimate hotel on a lake can be found at the Ritz Carlton on Lake Oconee. http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/ReynoldsPlantation/Default.htm
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-07-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
Ultimate hotel on a lake my a$$ - that, my friends, is heaven!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-07-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
not real fancy or anything but there is a best western on lake tarpon in tampa FYI can leave boat in water behind hotel. good deep lake.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-07-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
$800 dollars a nite for 2 people thats fugginnutz is what that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Jeff - I think Lake Weir Inn is on the water - and in Central Florida.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       04-08-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
Best Western is what I'm looking for. I've been to Lake Tarpon and it gets pretty chopped up.

Ted - Where the hell is Lake Weir Inn? Nothing comes up when I google it. Spent many days on that lake and don't remember the Hotel.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-08-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
troo tarpon can get choppy. but it does have its good days. i find it best from 7am to 9am and then again from 4-8pm. check over by cypress gardens to i know there are some over there as well.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
I tried too, couldnt get it. It exists just west of Gator Joes.
Not to state the obvious but vrbo.com ocklawaha (or anywhere) has houses for rent for the same as a hotel.