Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ride4cwb)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-06-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a 97 air nautique from a dealer there called The Boat Hunters and Cars. I was woundering if anyone on here was familiar with this dealer. Or even some history on the boat. Its pretty rough but i'm kinda looking for a fixer upper. Also, If anyone knew a good 3rd patry dealer in the area that i could have take a look at it for me to make sure it runs, drives, turns, reverse, ect, and let me know of any potenial problems besides the interior. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-06-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
I think they pick up boats from auction, not sure though. With that kind of purchase you may want to buy a one way ticket and tow it back, if it all works out. Compression test should be done on the motor if anything.
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-08-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
We got our 2001 Super Air Nautique from them. We had a bit of problem with the prop (broken) and perfect pass (speedometer doesnt work), gauges (rpm and speedometer dont work) but got our boat very cheaply. 2001 super air nautique for 30000 with 60 hours. However, if it isnt the deal of the century, like ours was, i recommend going somewhere else. Defiantly make sure that ALL of the boats gauges work, and the prop works. Once you get the boat out of the dealer, they are impossible to deal with. As always, your millage may vary.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Move on...
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-10-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
I go in there quite often since work in Burbank and am always curious as to what he gets. I've seen some killer deals on some newer boats in there that were in fantastic condition, but there's no way I would take a boat off his lot with out signing a contract that will allow for me to have a compression test done. He's a salesman and moves many boats through there. If you're looking for a 97, I would go private party in your area, but if you are getting a deal you can't pass up then it may be worth pursuing. I'm not sure if he does water tests, since the nearest lake is over a half hour away.

I will be more than happy to go check out the boat for you.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-10-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Hey Alex does your boat have the original digital gauges in it? If it has the updated gauges there is no way to tell the hours on the GT-40 motor. When I bought my 01 SAN from a dealer who buys stuff from auction and flips it, they told me it had 33 hours on it. When I told them those werent the original gauges, they didnt know what to say.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-10-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
I would never buy a boat from a guy who writes descriptions like this: "SEXY BOAT!! Hey Nice Rack!!" or "SEX!!!! They say it sells boats"

Doesn't scream class...
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-10-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
Seth, i am not sure. I know the hours gauge is digital, but the speedometer and tachometer are both analog. If you could give me a pic of the origional gauges, i can tell you of which one it is. I have no access to our boat now, as it is 90 miles away in a storage facility. I used to have a pic, but i dont know what happened to it. Thanks for making me aware of that
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-12-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Sounds like you have the updated gauges. The original digital gauges were completely digital. The newer gauges have digital hours and analog speedo/tach. This pic shows the original digital gauges.Upload
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-12-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
Time to figure out how many hours are really on the engine. Yes, i think i have the updated ones. Thanks alot!
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-13-2009, 1:06 AM Reply   
how much can you get those digital gauges for aftermarket. Is it a pretty tricky change out?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-13-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
I dont think you can. They crapped out and were unreadable after awhile, and most people have switched to analog.