Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
has anyone ridden both the gonzalez and militant from last year? or a ronix mana. Looking for a fast 3 stage with good controlable boot.

Im currently riding a natural which I love but want more verticle pop but still allow me to go out into the flats and land soft.

Thanks!

(Message edited by goride on March 13, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-13-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
I had the militant last yer! great pop and nice edge.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-14-2009, 12:04 AM Reply   
also, does anyone know where to get last years 08 gator gator wakeboard for cheap?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-16-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Gonzalez is a SICK board, everybody I let ride it LOVES it...

BTW, I am looking for a Gator Gator too if you find one, let me know...
Old     (rideordie11)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
me and my dad had the ricky g sick board my dad also had the militant it was ok
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-17-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
the militant is a sick board. tons of pop, but it is a bulky board so you have to be into that type of ride.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-17-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
how fast are the boards? or which is faster?

also, is the ronix one faster and have more pop then both of these?
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-18-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
the ronix one has a super fast edge but the viva is by far the fastest.
Old     (riverjunkie)      Join Date: May 2007       03-18-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
Trust me you want the gonzalez. It is fast but stable even in chop. You will surprise yourself at how easy and big it pops
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
+1 for the Militant. My quiver includes an 07 Marius, 07 Transcend, and an 05 Premier and the Militant is my favorite of the bunch. It's not as loose as the others but it provides the most consistent pop
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-18-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
can anyone compare the militant and gonzalez?
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
the militant is a little slower and more straight up pop while the gonzalez is a bit faster and more lateral pop. both have great kick off the wake though, i prefer the gonzalez personally
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-19-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
I actually just switched from the natural to the gonzalez (at least till I get a decade) and it has been a fairly easy transistion. The gonzalez feels lighter, has less swing weight, is looser, and has a bit more vertical pop. All of this sounds great, but the edging is a bit slower and because of the thickness of the rail it sits higher in the water on edge. This kind of messed with my toeside edge (usually very strong) so that has taken me a few rides to get down. The release is solid, but not at predictable as the natural. Landing in the flats is comparable, but I like the way the natural lands and holds a little better. This is all my opinion based on my riding style. Personally from all the reviews I am waiting to try a decade. It is supposed to be the best of both worlds and I think it will fit my riding style perfectly... now if I could just find on for less than $500 online...
Old     (louis_p)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
The Gonzo board is a little faster, tracks solid has good pop where the militant cuts slower and pops good and is a little looser than the Gonzo. I rode all our boards at Gator and these two are mos def ones to consider. Enjoy!
Gator Rep
Eastern half of the U.S.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
You know how you put your tongue between your lips and blow...
Old     (louis_p)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Scott How are you?