Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2010, 5:03 AM Reply   
I am coming off of a pair of 05 maybe 06 CWB Zeus boots. People told me these were considered stiff boots, but it was my first pair, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Looking for feedback on the CWB AA. Looks like an easy on boot, but have not seen in person. Open to other ideas and suggestions. I did break my ankle a few years ago playing hockey, so that is my thinking for a stiff boot, but it could just be a mind game. Also looking at the Ronix Cell.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-03-2010, 6:00 AM Reply   
If you want really good ankle support D2/D3 from slingshot.... they have a ankle specific inner harness that keeps you from rolling it at all
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
My buddy Jeff (BBSxkills) just got his AAs from Zane a week or two ago.... he's ridden them a few times I'll see if I can get him to chime in on how they ride.

They look sharp IMO but I never put them on.
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-03-2010, 8:25 AM Reply   
I'd be interested to hear about the AA boots as well. I'm in the market for new bindings, and love the idea of velcro, but the vantages are too soft for my liking.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-03-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
The AA boots are super comfy and easy to get into. I really liked them but if your looking for a really stiff boot I would take a look at the new Marius boot. It is the stiffest boot in the line and very easy to get into as well. They have a dual lace system that opens the boot up nicely.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-03-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
^^^ i couldn't agree more with that. they are super easy to get in and out of but with the velcro, it's kind of hard to get a whole lot of ankle support. if you're considered with that then i'd say try the marius boots too but if you can sacrifice a little bit of ankle support then i'd say go for the AA. i've been riding them for about 2 weeks now and love them
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-03-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
09+ ronix one. period.
Old     (Sean)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-05-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
Alright check this out, A freind of mine has been rocking these Murrays for a wahile now and as you can imaging they were FUBAR, Laces knotted more than you can imagine load points pulling out (which is a big problem with most bindings, I Felt really bad for him cuz he couldnt lace his boots up tight and it was holding him WAY back. I run a Gearbag manuf. Business so i stole his boots one night and did a Moding myself to help him out.I call it the "moose Mod."(this guy is 7'2" and we call him moose.

I can almost garruntee this mod will outlast the moose, reinforced webbing sewn in at the load points and stainless steel #2 Grommets for pulling the laces, Check It out. I would charge 50$ pair to do this, Beats 400$ new ones anyday.

Photobucket
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ronix one all the way. I had the ones then bought slingshot last year and i just ordered a new pair of ones
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-05-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
you can definitely not go wrong with ronix bindings, theyre super comfy and provide tons of support, i love the ones, if you get a chance, go try a pair on!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-05-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
AA's are really cool boots. I wanted something that wasn't quite as stiff, so I went for a the Factions. The new CWB boots are light..... really light.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sean Charmichael...I would be really interested in seeing if you have a few parts for an old pair of CD bindings. Specifically I am looking for roller type lace grommets so I can lace and unlace my boots a bit easier. It would also be rad if you had access to the lace locks (similar to whats on the RBK 9k ice hockey skate) so I could lock different portions of the boot for tighter/looser fits. I could mail you the overlays to have you stitch them in if possible?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
The Marius and the AA's are both pretty stiff, but the Marius is a little stiffer.

The AA's are money!!
Old     (Sean)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-05-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yo Dizzle. ha. Send me some pics Sean@armorbags.com Ill see what I can do.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-05-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
Another vote for Ronix Ones. Or Cells if you want a little more support. LF Watsons would be my other choice for great ankle support.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-07-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
+1 for Ronix Ones for me too!