Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-09-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Launching out of Wahweap on June 3 for a week with houseboat and group of 20ish. Any suggestions as to which canyons eveyone likes (I understand if don't want to share), we're thinking of either Rock Creek Bay or West Canyon. Also, what things did you do that made your trip unbelievably fun, i.e. hikes to slot canyons, games to play, etc.

We've been to Powell a number of times, its just we want this party to really go off. Thanks in advance.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-09-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
I am curious about Rock Creek also. Do a search there is a lot of great threads about Powell.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-09-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
Last Chance has some great coves, even some beaches at the very end.

Antelope Island for some great camping, but not good for riding.

Rock Creek has some great coves and some beach spots...

...of course all of these places depend upon the water level...CHANGING LEVELS CAN MAKE FOR AN INTERESTING TRIP TO POWELL so be careful.

DILLS
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
Hey Brad,
Have you taken your boat out yet this year? Are you still keeping it at East Canyon?

Hope you have a fun trip to Powell!!!
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-10-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
Last Chance and Rock Creek have a lot of walls and can get chopped up by just a few boats. They do have some great coves though are are definitely worth checking out. West Canyon has a lot of boat killers, especially with the fluctuating water levels. Beware in West Canyon. We have found huge rocks in and around west canyon that are 2 inches under water, surrounded by 50+ foot deep water, 200 yards off shore and covered with keel marks. West Canyon is cool, but I would explore all potential boat paths at idle before racing around it. I personally like Padre Bay, especially around Cookie Jar.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-10-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Ryan, thanks for asking. Actually picking the boat up this weekend (we store in Manti - covered storage for $25 mo.). And, we'll probably dry store at East Canyon when we return from Powell. One of these days I'd really like to hook up with you guys and ride behind a sweet wake.

Matt and Kyle, thanks for the info. I like Cookie Jar as well, that's where we were last trip. I understand at the end of West Canyon there are some pretty cool slot canyons to explore.

Any other input?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-10-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Brad, the next time we head out I'll let you know. I'll actually be out of the country from this Sat through the following Sunday. Hopefully, we can hook up to ride after I get back since it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate much this week. Laters