Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Ok I have a 07 Searay 240 Sundeck with a tower and I can't get a good wake at 20mph. Its all whitewashed,should I speed it up a little? Or where should I put everyone on the boat, the bow? The boat has a 350 Magnum MPI BravoŽ III MCM* for propulsion. Im kind of wondering how that compares to a V-drive System. Here's a link http://www.searay.com/2007_sea_ray_sport_boats_240_sundeck.asp to what the boat looks like.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-16-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Make sure the trim is dropped all the way down.

What speed does the boat plane at?? I might kick it up to 22 for a boat of that size.

Is it an inboard-outboard or a direct-drive engine configuration?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
wow. sorry if I'm over stepping a boundary, but $57,000? it's a nice boat and I can understand if you don't want a straight up wake boat, but you could've bought a nice supra or something with a very nice wake. I'm very sorry, and that was very rude of me to say, but I thought I'd tell you.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
can you show us a picture of the wake?
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
O believe me Trevor I know man, my parents refused to get a wakeboard boat because they said they weren't big enough, and my mom wouldn't get one without a bathroom. We could have gotten a pretty nice wakeboard boat for that kind of money :/ , im slightly disappointed whenever i go out. The wake seemed better today, I think because we messed with the trim tabs.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Oh I thought you were an adult. hate to brag and to throw it in your face but we just today bought an X-2 for $60,000.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
its a fair assumption, Mike, your profile says you are 36.

You probably wont get a good wake out of that boat, period. It will be large, but probably really washy. I would say, try bringing the rope in to 70 ft, and speed up to 21.5 or so.

Good luck
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hope you enjoy it, I've ridden behind one at TSR and they're awesome. Really the only bad thing about our boat is the lack of a ballast system and perfect pass(could get it).

(Message edited by singapore_sling on June 16, 2007)
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Garret, I don't think the wake is really that bad to be honest. I was out today and after messing with the trim tabs and speeding up a tad, it was almost wash free. The wake is a pretty decent size too because of how big the boat is. What is that makes V-drives have a much better wake though?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-16-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
Look on the V-Drive boat buyers guide, there is a ton of information on it on the wakeworld homepage.
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
i used an inboard outboard boat a lot and you have to make sure the out drive is up a little just play with the outdrive and you might see that you can play with the wake a little if you have the out drive all the way down you push the bow of the boat to far into the water witch makes the wake wash out. Just try it. I know someone told you to make sure the outdrive is all the way down but I have ridden behind an IO for about 8 years and every boat that I have driven you have to trim up to like almost half on the gage
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice troy. I know my boat isn't the best for wakeboarding but I know alot of people on here don't exactly have wakeboard boats either and they still manage to throw raleys, backrolls and more.
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:11 PM Reply   
you can do anything you want behind your boat but a nice wakeboard boat is just better it makes you go higher in the air and more time to do your tricks but you will do fine good luck
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
i forgot that you have trim tabs I would troy to keep those all the way up and outdrive at half or so
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice! I would definitely prefer a wakeboard boat, but im stuck with this one so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
I dont mind helping because I can not ride for like a year I just tore my ACL so I just want every body else to have a fun wakeboarding year
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-16-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
hey Mike, we got a bathroom in ours, haven't used it once except for throwing towels and stuff into...

my dad didn't want a wakeboard boat (or he recently told me, we've owned a boat for about a year now) because they're too small...

we got a 27ft deckboat thats weight makes a pretty good wake, but after he saw the x-45, he said he'd want a wakeboard boat, but then he saw the price so i showed him the less expensive but still nice malibu 247 lsv-
since i wakeboard a lot now, my sis doesn't have as much interest, and my mom goes on the boat maybe twice a year, i think we'll be getting a wakeboard boat sometime before the 2008 season

make good with what you got, you can definatley have as much fun on a deckboat as a wakeboard boat!- when you're learning heelside jumps, have more weight on the right or left side (depending if you're goofy/reg) , the added weight should make a better shape for a jump
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
Yeah Brett we haven't used ours yet either just throw crap in it. Sounds like you're in the same spot as me. Thanks for the advice. I wish i could convince my parents to get a different boat but I sure as hell know that won't happen(especially since i'll be heading off to college after next year). There are some pretty nice sized wakeboarding boats that aren't to expensive like the 24' supra.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-16-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
Thats strange because I have that same boat and my wake cleans up at 18 or 19. I usually have people sit in the back and none in front.
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
hey mike although ur situituin isnt that great, i wakeboard off a 24 sundancer and theres tons of wash and we dont have a tower, gottta live with wat i got im only a kid
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
dude i feel your pain
im stuck behind a lowe fish and ski boat
no tower or anything either. it sucks when you have no say in what boat you get.
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-16-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
I've wakeboarded behind my friend's bass tracker before, it was quite a challenge to say the least :-)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-17-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
my wake is a good size though, its not white wash, i'll post a pic of it after i come back on monday...
make best with what you got and have fun, what college you going too?