Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    pointlessexpo            07-18-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
i havent gotten a video in awhile and i wanna know which one i should get. give me your guys opinion

1)The Truth

2)Such Is Life

3)Innuendo
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-18-2006, 7:07 PM Reply   
Russell, get one that has your west coast guys in it DS2 or almost famous. has alot of local
talent in them.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
1) Butter effect

2) Relentless

3) Counterfeit This

4) Prepop

5) Invisible Cinema
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-18-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
I got Such is Life and I wasn't to impressed with it. Haven't seen the others, but I do like Counterfeit This. Murray and Harf go off on that DVD and Aaron Rathy rail slide to Helicopter lift to the hospital was hard to watch. Want to see DS2, that will be my next DVD.

Brannon
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
The Truth is going to be unbelievable... Justin Stephens has unbelievable directing/filming/editing/post-production skills.

My Money is on The Truth for sure.
Old     (emceecuen)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-19-2006, 2:03 AM Reply   
Dude, based on brostock, the truth will definitely be a pinnacle in wakeboarding media. The only problem is that it's not out so to satisfy the insatiable urge for a new DVD, encore has the greatest behind-the-scenes if you've seen relentless.
Old    hyperlite_m            07-19-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
go for refraction the trailer looks sick....the movie will be awsome go pick it up!!!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
but the truth isnt out till next summer. am i right?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
The good times was a great vid as well.
Shaun O'brien is way underrated IMO.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Jeff, I agree. Sean O'Brien isn't half-bad either . The Good Times is a great reflection of the laid-back lifestyle in the Northwest. I don't know why, but I'd rather watch the Ennen's, Brent Star, Bret V, and the other Washington guys over the best Florida, Cali., and Texas have to offer. I think it has something to do with the Northwest being home to the glassiest (if it's not a word, it should be), cleanest (albeit cold) water and most breathtaking riding locations on the planet. It's saying something when the top name NW guys would rather pull on the drysuit--even in late spring--than head south.

Oh yeah, and thanks to the Good Times, I now know the danger of pissing off the back of the boat.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Who's Shaun O'brien?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
The tantrum to blind gap transfer was pretty crazy too. It was incredibly lucky and he'll probably never be able to do it again, but cool nonetheless.

And in case anyone is wondering, it's
Shaun Murray
Shawn Watson
Sean O'Brien

Why do parents always feel the need to spell a common name differently?
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-19-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Videos I'll be getting (whenever they come out)... The Truth and Bent Felix.

Bent Felix should be pretty much done in a month or so I think, with only some minor touchups after that. I beleive Justin has set a cutoff date for August when it comes to getting new footage for The Truth. So I would think somewhere around Septemberish for that one. These aren't official dates or anything, this is just my personal speculation based on what they've told me.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Sorry Paul Sean O'brien.
You know who I was talkin about!!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Haa, just messing with ya Jeff..