Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Well after 5 years of riding behind an I/O we made the switch to the Vdrive and although we are very excited I'm going to miss her. Has anyone else felt this way when moving into a new boat?

The I/O is still in the garage until the Vdrive is done and I can say I am going to miss it just a little. It has been a great boat but and has never once let us down, but we have outgrown it. A lot of memories are going with her but we are excited to make some new ones.

The Vdrive is a Malibu Vride. We looked all the manufacturers and were most impressed by the Malibu. We looked at Moomba, Supra, Sanger, and Tige as well. But in our opinion and for our needs Malibu made the most sense. I'm not taking anything away from any of the other boats so please don't take it that way.

I can't wait. We should have the new girl by Early May!!!!

Let's hear your seperation stories.

Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-24-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new purchase! When my parents traded in our old Kayot deckboat for a new ChrisCraft deck boat I kind of had the same feeling, but I already had my Mastercraft for a year at the time so it wasn't as hard. Although it was tough seeing a boat I grew up with leaving.
Old    examrp            03-24-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
One run with the malibu and you will think, what took me so long to get rid of the I/O.
You'll never go back!!
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
You will be very happy with the BU. Great boat, great wake you made a good choice. What color did you go with?
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-24-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
I switched from a 19' Bluewater I/O and bought a 05 calabria pro-v. I haven't quite broken it in yet, but the one time I took it out I was completely stoked and forgot all about the Bluewater. Sure was different driving it up to the dock/trailer. Two things - it steers different, and I was a complete wuss about even touching the dock with it. I'm sure I looked like a complete dumbass to anyone watching. But thats probably normal. Right Guys?
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
Ian,

I think I saw you guys in your new boat. Were you the one that made everyone jump from the dock and swim to the boat and yelling "this boat doesn't steer in reverse?LOL LOL LOL J/K

How do you like the Calabria?

Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-24-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
Congrats Dareb. We've had our '05 VRide for a few months and LOVE it. We went from a 19' Searay I/O and it's like going from a Yugo to a Cadalac. Be sure to post some pics when she arrives.

P.S. Don't let the Bu haters (ie. Mastercraft Owners) get you down!
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
I ordered it in midnight Blue and Cobalt.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Dareb,
You ever rode behind a BU?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-24-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
Hey you can't say all the MC owers are BU haters, I own a MC and I love the new BU's!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-24-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride and your separation anxiety will subside soon enough. I had the same thoughts/emotions moving into my new CC. Just remember that what you really enjoyed about the old boat wasn't the boat's physical existence but the fun and good times it provided. You get to keep those!

-Tyler

(Message edited by tyler_o on March 24, 2005)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
My wife almost cried when we got rid of our old boat. When she sees pictures of it, she looks like she is seeing an old friend.

I was happy to see it go.

Congrats on the new boat.

E.J.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
E.J.- you make it sound like it was your mother inlaw "happy to see it go" JK LOL
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-24-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Know the feeling well.. My g/f took like 50 pics of our I/0 before we sold it and like 20 more the day the new owners picked up our old boat. Its exciting to think about the new boat, but yea its kinda sad to see the boat you started out on go.
Enjoy the new boat. You will have a blast.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-25-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
I went from a 17' Maxum i/o with a 135hp 4 cyl. and a tower. To an '02 Calabria Pro V. I was a little sad but then got the new one out on the water and quickly forgot about the Maxum. More good times to be had on the Calabria.
Old    clubjoeskier            03-25-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
My first boat was an 84, 21ft, I/O mini-day cruiser. After 2 years, I got my 05 Pro-V...

I love the Pro-V, but I sure miss the handling of the I/O.!!