Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-22-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
Just went down to Baltimore and picked up a new boat - 1998 205! We left on Friday Morning from Ontario, stopped in Pittsburgh and caught the Pens/Canes game and continued on to Baltimore. Picked up the boat and came straight back - home Saturday night by 2 am. Took the boat out yesterday (75 deg air) and had a blast.
Worst part of the entire trip: Took close to 100 pics of the entire weekend and proceeded to drop my camera in the lake...diving down this afternoon to see if I can salvage the memory card.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-22-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Congrats sick boat todd, next summer when im in owen sound you gots to take me out for a rip behind that bad boy!! and if you ever make it barrie way, your always welcome out on the mobius gravity games. I've also thought about towing it up to the sound and taking it out there, any good spots?? sucks about the camera, get divin before that water freezes}
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-22-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
congrats, get us some pics...
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-22-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
FOUND THE CAMERA! I couldn't believe it. My buddy has dive gear so he spent about 1/2 hour where we thought we had lost it and said it was pure luck he saw it thru all the mud and weeds. Now if I can salvage the pics it will be great.

Andrew, you can definately have a pull anytime, we always like to take different people out.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-22-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Awesome. We found our ~$600 houseboat anchor last Friday in about 65' of water. It's a great feeling.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-22-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
next time ur in BC my Von Zippers are in 35 feet of water off a point in Kalamalka Lake,,,any takers to dive down and get them???? I really miss them!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-22-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Congrats on getting a nice boat and great to hear about finding what is left of the camera. I remember picking my boat up last year left at 4am back home about 10-11pm definately a long day exciting day.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-22-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
I could use a bit of help as well. Lost my favorite Von Zippers in about 10' of water. It sucks losing things to the lake gods.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-23-2007, 2:38 AM Reply   
I want to hear if the mem card still works though. Keep us updated.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
congrats todd!......wow thats quite the trip......I had enough going to detroit and back in one day. At least you got to see a game ...nice way to break it up. Well the trip was well worth it i'm sure. the selection and price of boats in the Usa are unmatched by anything we have up here......enjoy!
hopefully we get to see some pics!
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-23-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
Might take you up on that offer, im up in Owen Sound frequently in the summer since my girlfriend is from there. You gotta get conley out riding, I've bein trying to get him out for a while now just hasnt worked out.
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-23-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Todd, where's a pic of the 98? Congrats on the new boat!
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-25-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
I finally got my internet working again so here are the pics of the trip...

The truck...
Upload

Not getting lost...
Upload

...or sick
Upload

the wait at the border...
Upload

small detour in Pittsburg...
Upload

...for a Pen's game!
Upload

opening faceoff...
Upload

game winner in a shoot-out...
Upload

overnight stay...
Upload

seeing the boat for the first time...
Upload

the new owners...
Upload

look what followed us home...
Upload

eating more gas now...
Upload

the scenery...
Upload

minor repairs!
Upload

finally home...
Upload

tower down, in you go...
Upload

nice and cosy...
Upload

taking it out for the first time...
Upload

at least it floats!
Upload

After the last picture is when I dropped my camera in the lake. I am glad to have it back b/c I sure would have missed these pics!

It was a great trip and hopefully well worth it...
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-26-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
nice ride for sure. what lake is that? looks decent and is that a public launch ramp???
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-26-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Looks like you found a nice boat... the drive to pittsburg is definetly nice.. done it a few years ago..