Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wanttofly)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-27-2014, 10:02 PM Reply   
So I think that I finally talked my wife into moving to live on a lake somewhere. Would like to live where there I can get a place for under 500k. Good water temps, but somewhere I can get to the mountains and ski in the winter. So far the best place I can come up with is Coeur de Alane ID. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old     (Hyprsol)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-27-2014, 10:56 PM Reply   
Do you have any state preferences? If California is an option check out Lake Tulloch. It's about 2 hours from the Bay Area and about an hour to the nearest ski resort. Also about 2 1/2 hours from Tahoe. Most houses on the lake are over $500k, but there are always a couple around that price range. Here a site with some examples.

http://laketullochwaterfronts.com/index.shtml
Old     (jonathanlanda)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-28-2014, 5:52 AM Reply   
If you want to move to orlando (the Mecca of wakeboarding). You might want to look at some homes on Lake Conway. Conway has great schools and lots of houses for sale under 500k. It is also 10 minutes from OWC.
Old     (mcwake)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-10-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
I live in Provo Utah and there are a ton of places in my area under that price point. I live 15 minutes to the ski lift and 10 minutes to the boat ramp
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-10-2014, 9:14 PM Reply   
Just move to Minnesota, yep there's winter but summer with 10,000 lakes is paradise.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-11-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
I'll second a vote for MN. Best place on earth during the summer. There are also a decent amount of 'ski hills'. Nothing too special, but they'll get you on your skis/snowboard
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-11-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
Lake Wylie in NC/SC should fit the bill. Tega Cay, SC is right on the lake.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       02-12-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
Do you want to live in a city or small town?

lots of options in the Portland/Vancouver area (rivers and lakes). Seattle area would have some options.

What about Colorado?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-12-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
I second Portland area. You can boat half the year in town, out of town if you felt like it. In the winter time you can get up to the mountain with a short drive. You can get to the beach as well with an equally short drive.
Here you have all seasons and can do all sports you'd want, although some of them not year round. But it sounds to me like you like summer and winter sports, you can do both here.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-12-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
I would champion Minnesota; however, this winter has been brutal. Plus, cost of living if you live in the metro isn’t cheap! I would agree though that during the summer Minnesota is awesome.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-12-2014, 4:57 PM Reply   
As previously mentioned there are some "ski hills" that are entertaining in the area. If you move to the deep north my favorite outdoor winter activity is snowmobiling!
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-13-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Central MN all the way! Cheaper living, no traffic, nice people, and more lakes to choose from