Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-04-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Curious how much speed is considered normal for perfect pass to search when running a heavily weighted boat? I run up to 3,000 lbs of ballast and it seems to search sometimes up to .5 to 1.0 miles per hr. I know water conditions and wind and how much a rider cuts makes a difference. But sometimes it just seems to search way to much. I have adjusted the KDW and the sample rate also. That seemed to help a little. Anyones elses perfect pass do this?
Old    jmo52            04-04-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
Yes mine did as well. I have a B52. I talked to Mike Brendell and he gave me some #s to go by. KW=125 Paddle=105. I know if you read the PP book these #s seem a bit off, but mine is all good now. Give it a try just for the heck of it.Good Luck
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-09-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
Sound good, I will try it this weekend, but I thought the higher the #'s are set at the better it would hold?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-09-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
I go through the same thing when I run with a lot of weight or not much weight. I posted this:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/221683.html?1113018025

to see if anyone else would like to have PP firmware with different KDW settings for different amounts of weight. Does this make sense to you guys? I think a lot of people just put up with bad speed control rather than changing KDW, this would make it easier to select different values for different load conditions.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-09-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
yea psyclone-- I like the idea of different settings for different ballast. So my question still is, the higher the number the settings are at the better it should hold right? Or no?
More weight= higher settings?
Less weight= lower settings?
Or do I have this backwards. The way I am interpreting the PP book, the first seems to be right, but I will try the numbers that MONK posted earlier and see how it goes and go from there.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
WHEN I get my boat back I will check the KDW on it.My PP seems to do OK with 3000lbs but I also ride at the Delta where it's calm most of the time if not all.
I believe it only searches approx. 0.2 hits 0.5 on occation depending on conditions but I would say that's it.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
And no I didn't answer your question.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
We've found running it on the RPM mode seems to be better than MPH. We just use a velcro attatched real time GPS on the dash in front of the driver for speed.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-10-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Increasing KDW increases the closed loop gain of the system, i.e. a larger throttle move for a given speed error. I can keep the speed error to .2-.5 MPH like Ed says if I adjust the KDW for the amount of weight I am running. It's just a pain to do it every time. I fill and empty the ballast a lot because some people want to ride with no weight, some people want it maxed out.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-10-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
so let me make sure I have this right.
More weight, higher KDW?
Less weight, lower KDW?
Or the other way around?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-10-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
More weight, higher KDW
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-11-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
I'm in the same boat, but I'm getting variances of +/- 3-4 MPH's . Called PP they said to try KDW=200, NN= 100, I run approx 2000#'s in a PS 190. will test a few toher things to see if the settings are my problem.
Old    plane_doc            04-11-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Talk to Paul at OTEW not Bruce. There is a issue with the wiring harness that is easy to fix.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-11-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Don.
I call Paul tommorow.
Just out of curiosity, what kind aof wiring problem?
Guess I could just wait till tomorrow to find out
Old    plane_doc            04-11-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Check your e-mail

(Message edited by plane doc on April 11, 2005)