Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (begarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
What is a better choice? A 2006 Supra Launch 20SSV which has only 950lbs of ballast and is not completely the color combo I want, or a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV that is has everything I want plus a larger ballast plus can hold more friends and family. I'm torn because the Supra is definately nicer but the Moomba would be more personalized for me. But most importantly, which has the best wake??
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
the supra has nicer vinyl and some more bling, build quality is the same on both and the moomba is a lot bigger and deeper, holds more people and throws a bigger wake but the 20ssv does look sexy, like a little sports car :-) if you want the room go for the lsv if you want the bling go for the supra, they are both amazing boats though!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-08-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
Sounds like a big wake and lots of room for friends and family are important to you. Given that, the LSV is your boat. You won't be disappointed. It throws alot bigger wake than the 20SSV does. Keep in mind that the 20SSV is a crossover boat on a skiboat hull so it's good for boarding AND skiing. The LSV, however, was designed for Wakeboarding and is a wake specific boat. If you want a fat wake, you will be disappointed in the 20SSV compared to the LSV.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Why not look for an 07 21v or, dare I say, 22ssv?

From what you say and between those two boats, I would think the Moomba is your choice. But, remember you can always swap out the bags if you want more ballast. You could even get the dealer do it for you for free if your good. I would even try to get the dealer to do it on the LSV. Ask for the 1950lbs they put in the other boats.

My buddy has the LSV and it's a nice boat. It's a plain Jane get er done type but still a nice boat for the money.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-08-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
Between the two of them I'd go with the LSV. But I gotta agree with Derby for the price of the 08 LSV you could pick up a lightly used or leftover 21V.

(Message edited by ridininmd on August 08, 2007)
Old     (begarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Thanks everybody for your input. I really didn't think I'd get this many responses this quick. Derby- I was looking at the 21V and the 22SSV but decided that since I was going to buy a new house in the near future I should opt for a cheaper boat. I contacted my local Supra/Moomba dealer and inquired on a new moomba, all black, all options and can get it for around 43,000. However he interested me in an 06 20SSV, brand new, for just under 40K. I think though so far I'm more persuaded to go for the Moomba. Unless another good deal comes along. Thanks everybody.
Old     (begarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-08-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Continue with input though please, it helps alot.
Old     (jonnyrider)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2007, 8:30 PM Reply   
I love my 07 LSV. wake is comparable to my friend's 2006 VLX. The shape of his wake is better, but nothing you can't fix with some weight placement and using the wake plate.

We can fit 10 people in our boat comfortably.
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-09-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
Brian,
U could get my slightly used supra 21v with tower speakers, amps, sub, all upgrades already done. I will cut you one hell of a deal on it. It will fit all the friends that you want in it and has 1800 lbs of ballast in it. It is also by far the deepest 21' boat in the skiers choice line up.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/484279.html?1186162119

boat is in atlanta and i will help with pick up!