Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey all. I'm moving to HI (Honolulu) in a week and want to know if anyone has some info on the wake scene out there. I don't know if it's worth bringing my board or not - if I'm going to go to the trouble of bringing it, I want to know I'll be able to ride. I've heard something about Keehi lagoon, but not much else. Any comments/contacts are appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (reid808)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-08-2007, 11:52 PM Reply   
Aloha Terrance,

I would suggest bringing your own equipment. Riding with someone else's is never the same. How long are you going to be in Hawaii? Give me a call when your in town. I'll get you on the water. Send me a PM and I'll give you my call number.

Mahalo,

Reid
Old     (wakerocker)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-09-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
Hey Reid,

Yeah I'm already leaving my surfboard here and it's killing me - figuring it's easier to pick something up out there (believe it or not there is some surf in MA, but not much). I definitely wasn't thrilled with the idea of borrowing gear - I love my own board/bindings, even though they're outdated now. I will have to figure out the best way to ship it.
Not really sure how long I will be out there - my sis has been out there for over a year and a half and wants me to check it out - so I quit my job and am moving.
I sent you a PM the other day but wasn't sure if you were still on the Boards and stuff. Thanks for the post - if you didn't get the PM I'll send you another (maybe once I land!)

Thanks again,
T