Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
If anybody is adding or upgrading their boat speakers, take a good look at the Cantons. You can get their car audio speakers in the U.S. again and they sound phenomenal. They are a ploy cone and metal tweeter so you don't have to worry about moisture. I need to replace the MC Quarts in my boat and this is what I am going with. The MB Quarts sold in the U.S. this year are all made in China, that is why I am not going with them again. Just wanted to let everyone know of another choice!!
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-16-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
How much are the 6.5's going for? Where can I see some info on them?

Jeff
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
The 6.5" retail for 249, you can probably get them for less, I did.
2%2Cen,http://www.canton.de/www/index.php4?pg_id=25,25,,2,en
here is the link
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-16-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Those are some pretty poor efficiency numbers, I would seriously consider looking at other manufacturers, a 3db efficiency increase equals half the power for the same volume. The Polk db series is a pretty decent offerring and very price competitive, these should provide a 3-4 db gain over the Canton efficiency. Lots of other stuff out there as well.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-17-2005, 5:36 AM Reply   
I would say efficiency numbers are very important if for tower speakers that you want to project out more. For me, I just want something that sounds really really good in the boat, sure they take alot of juice but I have plenty of that. My MB Quarts that I'm replacing also didn't have the best efficiency rating either, which is why I never put them in a tower. I have never been overlly impressed with the sound of Polk speakers, they always sounded kind of dry to me. But that is my opinion, to others they might really like that sound. I just wanted to let people know of another choice, I feel one definatly worth listening to anyway!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
Speakers are like Pizza (how profound is that) becuase people often like different things, they really like what they like, and they dont really like the other stuff that much :-)

I've been really impressed with the Polk DB's as tower speaker drivers but their Momo's sound fuller (IMHO) as boat speakers. Alpine, Kenwood and Sony all have avid followers on these boards in the value range. If money is no object the Image Dynamics products are impressive.

Bottom line with audio is there are countless options, and you can always get them way below Retail/MAP on eBay, Froogle.com and Shopping.Yahoo.com

Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
If you notice that Boss towers dropped MB Quartz, which they brought into the tower industry. They are now using Spektrum which I heard at a boat show and they sound awesome. I think they sell them individually as well. The other nice thing is they offer more options like a mid in both 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 size options as well as a 6.5 mid subwoofer now. Also all the sperate crossovers now have (2) tweeter outputs. I had them add the second tweeter on their speakers firing down in to the boat from the bottom of the towers speakers. Also they can put seperates in the boat with 2 tweeters off one mid to let your highs keep up with a lot of subs in the boat.