Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-04-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, we are looking at getting an '03 x-2. Everything is nice about it except for the hideous, cumbersome racks that they put on them that year. Does anyone know if they can be converted to the newer style clamp?
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
The board racks for the 2003 are different from the ones in 2004.... I agree with you. Im not sure if you will be able to convert to 2004 but you can call Extreme Towers to hind out. They used to manufacture the Zero Flex for MC. Let me know if you need a phone number !
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure your answer will be no. The '04 have the base plate milled out where the pull handles go thru.

Here's a picture of the '04.
Upload
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-05-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
that's what i thought.i didn't know if that baseplate could be replaced or not. i didn't know if it was welded to the tower or just bolted.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Removing material from the baseplate is easier than having to add. I think it's just the handle area and 4 thru-bolts that go thru the baseplate. I'm not sure if you could find someone/someway to modify the plate to accept the '04 style.
Can't hurt to get an expert opinion so you might still want to give Extreme a call, as Eric suggested.

Take care,
Paul
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-05-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
yeah, I found their website. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see what options I have. I was thinking of asking them if I could buy the basplate and have a local t-top shop hack and weld the new plate on there or if I could maybe buy the upper half of the tower with the new plates. Both of these options sound expensive and somewhat time consuming, but we'll see. I'm not set on getting this boat, so I may see what it would cost to buy a whole tower setup if I was to find a 205V that I liked. Thanks all for the advice.

P.S. paul, your boat is bascially the model of what I've been in the market for since I've started looking for a boat. sweet ride man
Old     (h2oboy)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Justin, I messed up and told you to contact Extreme Marine and I was wrong.... They did infact manufacture the 03 & 04 Tower but that billet peice (above) and the racks are manufactured by Gere Marie... I will post there number in the morning. Hopfully they can send you an 04 insert...